Chennai sources have stated that the nearly $18 billion Group Mahindra is finalizing its ambitious automotive foray into the US market starting from 2019 when an off road product entirely developed by the company's Detroit R&D centre, will be launched in that market.
Korean group company Ssangyong too is planning to debut its products in the US in the next 18 months. According to company sources, M&M is readying for full-fledged US push given that its earlier legal cases have now all been sorted out. Mahindra's US foray is being spear-headed by Mahindra North American Technical Centre (MNATC).
The company's R&D centre in Detroit, which is
currently working on two separate products, one for the Indian market and
another entirely for the US market.
Meanwhile a senior company source had said that "MNATC is developing an off-roader product for the US market which is expected to be launched sometime in 2019". It has also developed another product which will come to the Indian market by the middle of financial year 2017-18.
2017 Volswagen Touareg spied without any covers The 2017 Volkswagen Touareg will be a 5 seater SUV and will be placed above the Tiguan SUV for the global market. It will also be placed above the Atlas, which is currently in the company’s Chinese and American line up.
- TVS sold 7,43,838 units this fiscal as against 7,07,884 units in the year which is a growth of 5.07%
- Indian automotive aftermarket is expected to reach Rs 75,705 crore by 2019-20 exhibiting a CAGR of 10.5%
- India is targeting to bring in a series of smart cars, which could hit the Indian roads in 2020
- Honda cars India on Thursday launched its compact crossover WR-V
- Korean group company Ssangyong too is planning to debut its products in the US
- SIAM: Auto industry fully complied with all technical regulations in the past, will remain fully compliant in future
- Ford Figo Aspire and Chevrolet enjoy are the first to undergo crash testing by Global NCAP in 2017
- Ratan Tats writes letter of encouragement to his employees
- Government, in partnership with taxi aggregator Ola, to test the feasibility of electric taxis
- Hybrid vehicle maker - Mahindra Electric, launched four variants in 2016 in cargo and passenger version
- Exports contributed to 20.15 % of manufacturers overall production (Auto)
- Renault-Nissan piped Mahindra & Mahindra to the third position in 2016 with exports of its Nissan models
- ARAI conducted test on Volkswagen Models found NOx emissions on the road
- India to be important part of Toyota Suzuki Motor business partnership
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis is the only car in its segment to offer this personalization options