The CEO and President of Honda Cars India had stated that from the hardware side, they are developing new customized intelligence system. Currently, customers before visiting dealers learn a lot from the Internet and magazines; so these days’ customers are knowledgeable. So, they are focusing on quality of sales. Not only for Honda, but overall also they are reducing attrition among sales consultants.
It was stated that they are also developing management tools for connecting customers, for example, digitization in the dealer infrastructure. They don’t have any specific plan, but yes it can be one of the things. They want to change the taste of marketing activities. Earlier, customers in India were product oriented, for example the foremost reason to buy a vehicle is its exterior design.
People want to see direct benefit
from it and perceive it as a commodity. However, now experience has become more
important. So we are reviewing our activities and they want to create real
customer oriented services. But yes, it does not happen quickly.
He had added that two years ago India was at 4th position. This fiscal year Indonesia overtook India. It’s in top five lists now and contributes 5% of Honda’s global sales. We expect India to grow much faster than global sales and this increase will not happen in the short term; we are expecting real motorization somewhere around 2025-2030. Once India’s GDP Per capita crosses 5%, big motorization may happen.
GST not imposed for second hand car sold by an individual New Delhi sources have stated that the Revenue Department had clarified that sale of old jewelry as well as old vehicles by individuals will not attract any GST as the sale is not for furthering any business. Meanwhile when clarifying on Revenue Secretary Hasmukh Adhia's comments yesterday stating that it was informed at GST
- Buzz in transport Industry advanced from Electronic vehicles to Autonomous
- Will Road tax be increased for automobile industry?
- India Honda Cars to export 1.6L Diesel Engine to Thailand
- Volkswagen Polo is worth taking a look at its history
- Tax rate on hybrid cars will not be reviewed: Arun Jaitley
- Cess on Automobiles, Rubber been abolished: GST effect
- Tata Motors Executive Director resigns his job
- Skoda Kodiaq equipped with an AEB system that detects pedestrians as well