The CEO and President of Honda Cars India had stated that from the hardware side, they are developing new customized intelligence system. Currently, customers before visiting dealers learn a lot from the Internet and magazines; so these days’ customers are knowledgeable. So, they are focusing on quality of sales. Not only for Honda, but overall also they are reducing attrition among sales consultants.
It was stated that they are also developing management tools for connecting customers, for example, digitization in the dealer infrastructure. They don’t have any specific plan, but yes it can be one of the things. They want to change the taste of marketing activities. Earlier, customers in India were product oriented, for example the foremost reason to buy a vehicle is its exterior design.
People want to see direct benefit
from it and perceive it as a commodity. However, now experience has become more
important. So we are reviewing our activities and they want to create real
customer oriented services. But yes, it does not happen quickly.
He had added that two years ago India was at 4th position. This fiscal year Indonesia overtook India. It’s in top five lists now and contributes 5% of Honda’s global sales. We expect India to grow much faster than global sales and this increase will not happen in the short term; we are expecting real motorization somewhere around 2025-2030. Once India’s GDP Per capita crosses 5%, big motorization may happen.
2017 Volswagen Touareg spied without any covers The 2017 Volkswagen Touareg will be a 5 seater SUV and will be placed above the Tiguan SUV for the global market. It will also be placed above the Atlas, which is currently in the company’s Chinese and American line up.
- TVS sold 7,43,838 units this fiscal as against 7,07,884 units in the year which is a growth of 5.07%
- Indian automotive aftermarket is expected to reach Rs 75,705 crore by 2019-20 exhibiting a CAGR of 10.5%
- India is targeting to bring in a series of smart cars, which could hit the Indian roads in 2020
- Honda cars India on Thursday launched its compact crossover WR-V
- Korean group company Ssangyong too is planning to debut its products in the US
- SIAM: Auto industry fully complied with all technical regulations in the past, will remain fully compliant in future
- Ford Figo Aspire and Chevrolet enjoy are the first to undergo crash testing by Global NCAP in 2017
- Ratan Tats writes letter of encouragement to his employees
- Government, in partnership with taxi aggregator Ola, to test the feasibility of electric taxis
- Hybrid vehicle maker - Mahindra Electric, launched four variants in 2016 in cargo and passenger version
- Exports contributed to 20.15 % of manufacturers overall production (Auto)
- Renault-Nissan piped Mahindra & Mahindra to the third position in 2016 with exports of its Nissan models
- ARAI conducted test on Volkswagen Models found NOx emissions on the road
- India to be important part of Toyota Suzuki Motor business partnership
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis is the only car in its segment to offer this personalization options