The CEO and President of Honda Cars India had stated that from the hardware side, they are developing new customized intelligence system. Currently, customers before visiting dealers learn a lot from the Internet and magazines; so these days’ customers are knowledgeable. So, they are focusing on quality of sales. Not only for Honda, but overall also they are reducing attrition among sales consultants.
It was stated that they are also developing management tools for connecting customers, for example, digitization in the dealer infrastructure. They don’t have any specific plan, but yes it can be one of the things. They want to change the taste of marketing activities. Earlier, customers in India were product oriented, for example the foremost reason to buy a vehicle is its exterior design.
People want to see direct benefit
from it and perceive it as a commodity. However, now experience has become more
important. So we are reviewing our activities and they want to create real
customer oriented services. But yes, it does not happen quickly.
He had added that two years ago India was at 4th position. This fiscal year Indonesia overtook India. It’s in top five lists now and contributes 5% of Honda’s global sales. We expect India to grow much faster than global sales and this increase will not happen in the short term; we are expecting real motorization somewhere around 2025-2030. Once India’s GDP Per capita crosses 5%, big motorization may happen.
Mahindra, Ford extends tie up for making electric vehicles New York sources have reported that Chairman Anand Mahindra said Ford Motor and its Indian partner Mahindra & Mahindra could create their own electric car line in the country to help battle pollution from the vehicles clogging India’s roads, Mahindra & Mahindra, which already sells the e2o micro electric car, would be open to creating a new electric vehicle line in India with Ford, Mahindra said following the opening of a factory in Auburn Hills, Michigan, to produce an off-road vehicle for the
- TVS Motor confident on betting rural buyers in South
- In next four years, Hero Electric eyes to touch Rs.1000 Crore
- Availability of BS VI fuel in Delhi also gives an opportunity to the vehicle manufacturers
- GST on Automobile industry retained by 28%
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is available in the market and it's cost will leave a lump in your throat!
- Electric Vehicles Industry are happy with the decision made by Karnataka High Court
- Ford Ecosports booked within few minutes on Amazon
- Hyundai Expand Sits Network in Pune