Sources have stated that Apollo Tyres, which recently commissioned its first overseas green field manufacturing facility in Hungary, wants to de-risk its operations through geographic diversification. The Managing Director Neeraj Kanwar told Sharmistha Mukherjee that while the government’s Make-in-India programme is a progressive initiative, the dumping of cheap tyres by Chinese manufacturers has surfaced as a massive challenge for Indian companies, prompting their search for diverse opportunities.
Today, 60% of the company's revenues come from the Indian market. It used to be 85-90%. With this plant coming up, it will come down a bit to 55%. And a level we will stay at is 50:50. Very clearly, our vision for 2020 in India is to become leaders in all product categories trucks, light trucks, farm or passenger cars. In Europe, our aim is to become a premium brand. He said the problem with India is, on one hand, Mr. Modi is saying Make-in-India, but you see we ourselves have come to Hungary.
We would love to do it in India but there are far fewer opportunities because of today in truck radials, 30-35% is Chinese dumping in India. 35% market share for the Chinese is huge, in our country. And there are no barriers, tariff or non-tariff. People just come in and dump. So, it becomes very tough to operate.
And we have been taking it up with the government time and again about (imposing) the anti-dumping duty. To answer your question, that’s the main reason. My hands are full, there is much more risk in China. My risk appetite is low and whereas in America, there is relatively lesser risk.
Do you know the state which tops the rank among the sales for Electric Vehicles? New Delhi sources have stated that Gujarat, West Bengal, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Maharashtra have emerged as the top 5 states in electric vehicle (EV) sales. The Society of Manufacturers of Electric Vehicles (SMEV) said on Thursday that an SMEV survey of EVs sold during the last fiscal showed that 1,926 of these were sold
- Hike in car prices in India from 2018
- Audi AG is always looking for opportunities to invest and grow
- Auto Companies happy on seeing November sales
- Do Truck drivers deserve an A/C cabin in their vehicles?
- Will BMW do assemble motorcycles in India?
- Electric buses be launched by JBM Auto after a delay of 12 Months
- Mahindra, Ford extends tie up for making electric vehicles
- TVS Motor confident on betting rural buyers in South
- In next four years, Hero Electric eyes to touch Rs.1000 Crore
- Availability of BS VI fuel in Delhi also gives an opportunity to the vehicle manufacturers
- GST on Automobile industry retained by 28%
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is available in the market and it's cost will leave a lump in your throat!
- Electric Vehicles Industry are happy with the decision made by Karnataka High Court
- Ford Ecosports booked within few minutes on Amazon
- Hyundai Expand Sits Network in Pune