New Delhi sources have stated that the transport ministry has diluted its earlier stand for mandatory air-conditioned cabin in trucks for drivers after receiving objections from automobile manufacturers. Currently the manufacturers will have option of either fitting an air-conditioning system for the cabin or with the truck cabin ventilation system in all new trucks to be manufactured from next January.
Meanwhile the Union transport Minister Nitin Gadkari had mooted the idea of air-conditioned cabins to provide good driving condition for truck drivers and even the ministry has vehemently argued for this during a parliamentary select committee meeting saying drivers should have this right.
But the automobile industry had objected to this. To find a middle path,
the ministry has put both the options in a recent notification and the ministry
has been silent on mandatory minimum wages to be paid to drivers, working hours
and rest for drivers. Until these issues are addressed, any number of cosmetic
changes won’t help the drivers.
Maruti Suzuki Dzire market share in the entry level segment rose to 63% against 51% New Delhi sources have stated that country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki may have a plethora of products from entry level hatchback to a crossover but only a few products have been made it to the top and stood like the pillar in the overall growth of the company.
- Germany's Audi abandoned plans to sell its Italian motorcycle brand Ducati
- Domestic sales of Passenger Vehicles grew up April to November 2017
- Do you know the state which tops the rank among the sales for Electric Vehicles?
- Hike in car prices in India from 2018
- Audi AG is always looking for opportunities to invest and grow
- Auto Companies happy on seeing November sales
- Do Truck drivers deserve an A/C cabin in their vehicles?
- Will BMW do assemble motorcycles in India?
- Electric buses be launched by JBM Auto after a delay of 12 Months
- Mahindra, Ford extends tie up for making electric vehicles
- TVS Motor confident on betting rural buyers in South
- In next four years, Hero Electric eyes to touch Rs.1000 Crore
- Availability of BS VI fuel in Delhi also gives an opportunity to the vehicle manufacturers
- GST on Automobile industry retained by 28%
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is available in the market and it's cost will leave a lump in your throat!