Mumbai sources have stated that BMW Motorrad is exploring assembly of its motorcycles in India to make those more accessible to local customers, as the German company aims to play a bigger role in the growing super bike market here. Meanwhile besides its plan to source a locally manufactured 310cc bike from TVS Motor, the luxury bike maker is also considering the possibility of importing from Thailand to take advantage of tax sops.
Meanwhile Timo Resch, told ET in a recent interview that with India being the biggest motorcycle market in the world, BMW has a big opportunity to play in its premium motorcycle space, BMW Motorrad’s head of sales and marketing.
Resch said “They are constantly
evaluating if there is a market potential for local assembly that will make a
profitable business case for us. If the market growth continues, that could
very well be an opportunity”, but a decision on this has yet to be made.
Maruti Suzuki Dzire market share in the entry level segment rose to 63% against 51% New Delhi sources have stated that country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki may have a plethora of products from entry level hatchback to a crossover but only a few products have been made it to the top and stood like the pillar in the overall growth of the company.
- Germany's Audi abandoned plans to sell its Italian motorcycle brand Ducati
- Domestic sales of Passenger Vehicles grew up April to November 2017
- Do you know the state which tops the rank among the sales for Electric Vehicles?
- Hike in car prices in India from 2018
- Audi AG is always looking for opportunities to invest and grow
- Auto Companies happy on seeing November sales
- Do Truck drivers deserve an A/C cabin in their vehicles?
- Will BMW do assemble motorcycles in India?
- Electric buses be launched by JBM Auto after a delay of 12 Months
- Mahindra, Ford extends tie up for making electric vehicles
- TVS Motor confident on betting rural buyers in South
- In next four years, Hero Electric eyes to touch Rs.1000 Crore
- Availability of BS VI fuel in Delhi also gives an opportunity to the vehicle manufacturers
- GST on Automobile industry retained by 28%
- Kawasaki Ninja 650 is available in the market and it's cost will leave a lump in your throat!