Alibaba Mobile Business Group, part of Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment, has announced the appointment of Damon Xi as Head of UCWeb India and Indonesia office. In his new role, Damon will be in charge of the UCWeb ecosystem along with content cooperation within India and Indonesia markets. Prior to this, Damon was General Manager of UCWeb India, leading strategic alliance and business development for the company in India.In a significant restructuring announced last month, Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment Group elevated Jack Huang to President of Alibaba Mobile Business Group and Young Li as Head of International Business Department at Alibaba Mobile Business Group.
Mr. Damon Xi - Head of UCWeb India & Indonesia Alibaba Mobile Business Group
UCWeb’s flagship product UC Browser is the number one platform in India and Indonesia with over 50% market share, ahead of Google Chrome and Opera. UC Browser is also the sixth most downloaded application on Android platform in India and has crossed 100 million monthly active users.
India and Indonesia have become most important overseas markets for UCWeb. Over the last 6 years, UCWeb has transformed itself from being the largest mobile browser to a leading content distribution platform in India through the launch and integration of UC News. UC News is a big-data powered content distributor, serving as a one-stop destination for trending and curated news content. It has featured channels on general news, cricket, technology, entertainment, movies, lifestyle, health, and humour. UC News has crossed 100 Million Monthly Active Users (MAUs), rapidly growing in India & Indonesia market since its launch in June 2016.
In January, Alibaba announced a Rs. 2 billion investment to build UCWeb in India and Indonesia over the next two years, by tapping into the potential of user-generated content. UCWeb’s strength in technology is helping UC News process millions of data request and content of massive origins everyday with the help of its 3 big data clusters set-up in India. The UC We-Media program where people get an opportunity to create, to write, share thoughts and engage with their followers on UC News is set to expand to 30,000 contributors by the end of 2017, producing over 10,000 pieces of content daily.
Alibaba Mobile Business Group is part of Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment which reported a 271 per cent jump, year-on-year, for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017 with significant contributions from mobile internet services revenue from UCWeb businesses, including mobile search and news feeds, as well as apps and game publishing across China as well as key global markets like India and Indonesia.
UCWeb Inc. (UCWeb), a business within Alibaba Mobile Business Group, is a leading provider of mobile internet software and services. Since the inception in 2004, UCWeb's mission has been to provide better mobile internet experience to people around the world. The international product portfolio of UCWeb includes UC Browser (mobile browsing service), UC News (content distributor), 9Apps (Android app store), and UC Union (mobile traffic and monetization platform). UC Browser is one of the world’s top 3 mobile browsers (as per StatCounter). UC Browser has reached 420 million Monthly Active Users as of August 2016, while 9Apps has clocked over 250 million.
Tata Power's Generation Capacity Up by Close to 13% in Q1 FY18; Achieves Generation of 12,405 MUs Tata Power's Generation Capacity Up by Close to 13% in Q1 FY18; Achieves Generation of 12,405 MUs Tata Power, India’s largest integrated power company, today announced that the company’s generation capacity increased by close to 13% percent in Q1 FY18 as compared to Q1 FY17. The company, together with all its subsidiaries and jointly controlled entities, has an installed generation capacity of 10,466 MW (as of August 2017).
- Ruchi Soya Industries Welcomes Hike in Import Duty on Edible Oils
- Delhi to Host 4th India - International MSME & Startup Expo 2017
- The Voice India Fame Mohd. Danish Launched his First Official Poster of his Upcoming Song - We Indians
- V-Mart Organizes Its Flagship Business Program
- Consolidated Net Revenue Q1 FY18 Rs. 58,651 Crores, Consolidated PAT Rs. 3,200 Crores
- Air Force Band and Moonshine Band at Phoenix Marketcity
- STEM Summer Day Camp to Support Latino and African American Girls in Southern California
- Jaguar I-PACE Concept Named Most Significant Concept Vehicle of 2017
- Vodafone's #LookUp Movement to Keep Relationships Real is Winning Hearts Across India
- Epitome of Sportiness and Driving Pleasure: BMW Launches the New BMW 320d Edition Sport in India
- RBI cuts repo rates by 25 bps to 6 per cent, home loans may get cheaper
- Videocon Edge Eyes 12% Market Share of the Rs. 1600 Cr Enterprise Communication Solution Market in FY 17-18
- Soon, your order on Flipkart may be delivered by Amazon
- ItzCash, Parent Ebix Inc. Commit a US$ 100 mn for Investments & Acquisitions
- Vodafone Enhances Customer Experience with the Launch of its Global Design Store in Kanpur