Alibaba Mobile Business Group, part of Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment, has announced the appointment of Damon Xi as Head of UCWeb India and Indonesia office. In his new role, Damon will be in charge of the UCWeb ecosystem along with content cooperation within India and Indonesia markets. Prior to this, Damon was General Manager of UCWeb India, leading strategic alliance and business development for the company in India.In a significant restructuring announced last month, Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment Group elevated Jack Huang to President of Alibaba Mobile Business Group and Young Li as Head of International Business Department at Alibaba Mobile Business Group.
Mr. Damon Xi - Head of UCWeb India & Indonesia Alibaba Mobile Business Group
UCWeb’s flagship product UC Browser is the number one platform in India and Indonesia with over 50% market share, ahead of Google Chrome and Opera. UC Browser is also the sixth most downloaded application on Android platform in India and has crossed 100 million monthly active users.
India and Indonesia have become most important overseas markets for UCWeb. Over the last 6 years, UCWeb has transformed itself from being the largest mobile browser to a leading content distribution platform in India through the launch and integration of UC News. UC News is a big-data powered content distributor, serving as a one-stop destination for trending and curated news content. It has featured channels on general news, cricket, technology, entertainment, movies, lifestyle, health, and humour. UC News has crossed 100 Million Monthly Active Users (MAUs), rapidly growing in India & Indonesia market since its launch in June 2016.
In January, Alibaba announced a Rs. 2 billion investment to build UCWeb in India and Indonesia over the next two years, by tapping into the potential of user-generated content. UCWeb’s strength in technology is helping UC News process millions of data request and content of massive origins everyday with the help of its 3 big data clusters set-up in India. The UC We-Media program where people get an opportunity to create, to write, share thoughts and engage with their followers on UC News is set to expand to 30,000 contributors by the end of 2017, producing over 10,000 pieces of content daily.
Alibaba Mobile Business Group is part of Alibaba Digital Media and Entertainment which reported a 271 per cent jump, year-on-year, for the fiscal year ended March 31, 2017 with significant contributions from mobile internet services revenue from UCWeb businesses, including mobile search and news feeds, as well as apps and game publishing across China as well as key global markets like India and Indonesia.
UCWeb Inc. (UCWeb), a business within Alibaba Mobile Business Group, is a leading provider of mobile internet software and services. Since the inception in 2004, UCWeb's mission has been to provide better mobile internet experience to people around the world. The international product portfolio of UCWeb includes UC Browser (mobile browsing service), UC News (content distributor), 9Apps (Android app store), and UC Union (mobile traffic and monetization platform). UC Browser is one of the world’s top 3 mobile browsers (as per StatCounter). UC Browser has reached 420 million Monthly Active Users as of August 2016, while 9Apps has clocked over 250 million.
BNI India Spreads its Wings to Over Seventy Cities BNI India Spreads its Wings to Over Seventy Cities | US-based BNI, World’s largest and most successful business networking organization widens its reach across the country, through its participation in Master Franchise Show 2017, taking place in New Delhi on June 24 & 25. Present across 71 countries worldwide
- Luxury Brand OMEGA Launches 1957 Trilogy Limited Edition Watches
- Retail Banking Study Highlights Digital Disruption
- Wipro Achieves AWS Service Delivery Status for AWS Service Catalog
- Alibaba Mobile Business Group Appoints Damon Xi as Head of UCWeb India, Indonesia
- Tata Consultancy Services TAP Platform Recognized as a Strong Performer in eProcurement
- Huawei and China Mobile Jointly Established the Trial Field to Verify 5G High Band and Low Band Coordination Technology
- Tata Capital Brings the 'Salaam Loans' Initiative to Deserving Individuals in Mumbai's Dharavi and Golibar Area
- Vodafone Customer from Pune Wins Bumper Prize
- This Summer Snapdeal Partners with Leading Banks to bring an Array of Offers for Customers
- New Research: Only 5 percent of Large Companies Prepared to Meet IT Requirements
- Dassault Systèmes Ushers in a Digital Transformation of Manufacturing in India at "Manufacturing in the Age of Experience"
- Airtel Business Launches First of its Kind Digital Platform to offer Integrated Solutions to Emerging Businesses
- Bajaj Finserv Business Loan Witnesses a Growth of 18 Percent in the Quarter Ended March 2017
- Wipro Limited Launches New Brand Identity; Rearticulates its Values
- Mumbai International Airport to Celebrate World Environment Day