Jugnoo, India’s leading hyper local startup, offering a diverse range of services like Rides, Ready to Eat Meals, Restaurant Food Delivery, Grocery and B2B Delivery, becomes the first ever company in on-demand space to turn cash flow positive with profitability on an EBITDA basis. The big announcement from Jugnoo comes at a time when most industry players are burning enormous amount of cash for customer acquisition.
The company marks the beginning of new fiscal year by celebrating its first month as a free cash flow positive business. The net revenue recorded for last quarter was INR 11.5 crores which has grown by 15% month-on-month. For the first quarter of the FY17-18, Jugnoo is well on track to clock more than INR 13.5 crores.
The breakthrough for Jugnoo validates its invariable lack of conviction for the cash burn model. Since inception, the company has been focussed on sustainability and unit economics rather than growth that comes by burning money blindly. Being EBITDA positive in less than 3 years of inception largely reflects on the strength of the business model of Jugnoo in hyper-local space.
Commenting about the development and future road map, Samar Singla, Founder and CEO at Jugnoo said, “We have always believed in the significance of developing a scalable but sustainable business model. This achievement means a lot to us as it reaffirms our faith. We have witnessed 250% growth over the past one year and are on track to achieve net revenue of Rs 70 crores in current FY.”
All the verticals of Jugnoo complement each other, facilitating better economies of scale. Despite having a wide presence across 35 cities in India, the company has evolved a unique operating structure that gives the benefit of centralized control with decentralized execution.
Identifying opportunities in Tier II and Tier III market, the company has emphasized primarily on these cities rather than metropolis. According to Samar, operating in Tier II and Tier III cities has its own advantages like higher brand loyalty of customers due to limited options and growing adoption of tech platforms for their daily purchases.
With an army of 15,000 auto drivers, Jugnoo handles a 50,000 transactions per day for around 5 million users. The company has also diversified into global markets with its B2B ventures, providing cost effective B2B logistics solutions to over 17,000 clients in 150 countries across the world. This has been a significant initiative leading to better avenues of growth and generating more revenue for the company.
Samar attributes ‘Execution-capability’ as one of the key differentiating factors compared to others in the space. Going forward, the company intends to further substantiate it’s profitable growth by having it’s own private label brands that enhances its loyalty quotient with it’s customers.
Jugnoo has raised USD 16 million in two rounds of funding over the past two years. But turning cash flow positive means that the company will now be funded by its customers rather than investors. While the industry is saturated with competition, this is certainly a huge milestone for Jugnoo.
Launched in November 2014, Jugnoo has ventured into the industry as one of the leading hyper-local startups. Headquartered in Chandigarh, the company is currently rendering its services in 40 cities of India and trending at 50,000 daily transactions. It has over 15,000 autos empanelled under the brand at present.
The company offers a wide range of services like Rides, Fatafat, Meals, Menus and Jugnoo Delivery across different verticals of hyper-local logistics in B2B and B2C domains.
MobiKwik Launches Festive Brand Campaign, 'Paisa Bana Powerful' MobiKwik Launches Festive Brand Campaign, 'Paisa Bana Powerful' MobiKwik’s new brand campaign, ‘Paisa Bana Powerful’ promises more value for every rupee to its 65 million users. This festive season, users will get at least 5% Supercash on every transaction on MobiKwik app and BSNL-MobiKwik app. Over 2 million merchants, pan-India are powered by MobiKwik for digital
- GNC Strengthens its Presence in India
- ICICI Bank Commits Rs. 10 Crore to the Indian Armed Forces
- GVK MIAL Bags National Awards for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability at the National CSR Leadership Congress & Awards 2017
- OMEGA Announces Kaia and Presley Gerber as its Newest Brand Ambassadors
- WittyFeed Bags Two Awards at the First Digipub Awards for Online Publishers
- Independent Research Firm Names CSS Corp as a 'Strong Performer' in Customer
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness
- Anushka Sharma Unveils Polaroid Eyewear Collection for Fall/ Winter 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks India Celebrates its Fourth Consecutive Win at the SHRM India HR Excellence Awards
- Bajaj Finance Witnessed a Sharp Rise in EMI Card User base in 12 months
- Rana Kapoor Recognized as Global Business Leader of the Year 2017
- Mastering the 'Modern Software Factory' Helps Companies Achieve Higher Revenue
- Tata Housing Wins Project of the Year 2017 at Project Management Institute
- Bajaj Finserv's Festive Season Offer - Affordable Home Loans at Lowest Interest Rates
- Bajaj Finserv Offers Lowest Interest Rate on Home Loan and Rewards on Personal Loan