Jugnoo, India’s leading hyper local startup, offering a diverse range of services like Rides, Ready to Eat Meals, Restaurant Food Delivery, Grocery and B2B Delivery, becomes the first ever company in on-demand space to turn cash flow positive with profitability on an EBITDA basis. The big announcement from Jugnoo comes at a time when most industry players are burning enormous amount of cash for customer acquisition.
The company marks the beginning of new fiscal year by celebrating its first month as a free cash flow positive business. The net revenue recorded for last quarter was INR 11.5 crores which has grown by 15% month-on-month. For the first quarter of the FY17-18, Jugnoo is well on track to clock more than INR 13.5 crores.
The breakthrough for Jugnoo validates its invariable lack of conviction for the cash burn model. Since inception, the company has been focussed on sustainability and unit economics rather than growth that comes by burning money blindly. Being EBITDA positive in less than 3 years of inception largely reflects on the strength of the business model of Jugnoo in hyper-local space.
Commenting about the development and future road map, Samar Singla, Founder and CEO at Jugnoo said, “We have always believed in the significance of developing a scalable but sustainable business model. This achievement means a lot to us as it reaffirms our faith. We have witnessed 250% growth over the past one year and are on track to achieve net revenue of Rs 70 crores in current FY.”
All the verticals of Jugnoo complement each other, facilitating better economies of scale. Despite having a wide presence across 35 cities in India, the company has evolved a unique operating structure that gives the benefit of centralized control with decentralized execution.
Identifying opportunities in Tier II and Tier III market, the company has emphasized primarily on these cities rather than metropolis. According to Samar, operating in Tier II and Tier III cities has its own advantages like higher brand loyalty of customers due to limited options and growing adoption of tech platforms for their daily purchases.
With an army of 15,000 auto drivers, Jugnoo handles a 50,000 transactions per day for around 5 million users. The company has also diversified into global markets with its B2B ventures, providing cost effective B2B logistics solutions to over 17,000 clients in 150 countries across the world. This has been a significant initiative leading to better avenues of growth and generating more revenue for the company.
Samar attributes ‘Execution-capability’ as one of the key differentiating factors compared to others in the space. Going forward, the company intends to further substantiate it’s profitable growth by having it’s own private label brands that enhances its loyalty quotient with it’s customers.
Jugnoo has raised USD 16 million in two rounds of funding over the past two years. But turning cash flow positive means that the company will now be funded by its customers rather than investors. While the industry is saturated with competition, this is certainly a huge milestone for Jugnoo.
Launched in November 2014, Jugnoo has ventured into the industry as one of the leading hyper-local startups. Headquartered in Chandigarh, the company is currently rendering its services in 40 cities of India and trending at 50,000 daily transactions. It has over 15,000 autos empanelled under the brand at present.
The company offers a wide range of services like Rides, Fatafat, Meals, Menus and Jugnoo Delivery across different verticals of hyper-local logistics in B2B and B2C domains.
Total Unveils Hi Perf with an Unique Mix of New Age and Traditional Marketing Tools Total Unveils ‘Hi-Perf’ with an Unique Mix of New Age and Traditional Marketing Tools Total Oil India Private Limited (TOIPL), an integrated energy producer and provider and a leading oil and gas company in India, has launched Total Hi—Perf an integrated 360 marketing campaign for its new range of high performing motorcycle engine oils
- KOR Energy Bags Orders from 4 (four) U.P Based Companies for 2.8MWp Rooftop Solar Power Plants
- Ajax Fiori Announces Expansion of Bangalore Operations with an Investment Outlay of INR 1000 Million
- Thanes most Coveted Residential Project Hosts One of the Biggest Hollywood Celebrity Trainers
- Paisabazaar.com Sources the Biggest Ever Single Unsecured Loan of Rs. 75 Lakh for Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Tickets for "OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition" Launch Event Sold Out in 60 Seconds
- ixigo Honours Indian Heroes With a Fund Raise Campaign on Armed Forces Flag Day
- MP Birla Cement and Mohun Bagan Athletic Club Come Together
- Nuvoco Wins the FICCI CSR Jury Award for Women Empowerment
- CASHe Launches Fintech Industry's First Distributed Ledger Based Smart Contract Tokens at Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- Subway Launches Winter Feast with Classy Combos
- Industry Risk Review by Alea Consulting on Defence Sector in India
- 24MRC Network Felicitated the Winners of 2017 Leaders Awards
- Finally, the Black Friday Sale Truly Arrives in India
- Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs
- Online Hotel Booking Company, MiStay, Raises Funding from Axilor and Others