Millennials today across the world are obsessed with their smartphones and are getting more dependent on their devices and the internet by the day. This has led to a new phenomenon called phubbing which has become rampant in our everyday lives. Phubbing is the term used to describe the habit of snubbing someone in favour of a mobile phone. Knowing or unknowingly most people today choose to look into their phones even as they sit across the table from someone.
“Relationships have moved from being warm and personal to being online and distant. While one can argue that the internet brings the world together, it also is making people grow more apart. As a brand which is a partner to one's relationships, we wanted to take a relevant stand against Phubbing and ask the youth to indulge in real conversations with each other", shares Hirol Gandhi, EVP Ogilvy India.
Research and data on India embracing feature phones and social media usage is erupting everywhere. A recent study by Kantar, IMRB and MMA on the feature phone usage in India indicated that people in India spend about 3 hours a day on the phone. “In our Friendship Day film, we chose to showcase the youth and their relationship with the internet and social media, and how they are today sub consciously choosing to ignore the connections that can be made offline while enhancing their connections online. It really is a representation of a lot of us,” shared Kiran Anthony, ECD Ogilvy India.
From the launch of the #LookUp movement around Valentine’s Day, to building momentum on Father’s Day and now releasing the 3rd story on Friendship Day, the LookUp movement is gathering huge applause. "The LookUp campaign has struck a chord among millions of Indians - with over 50 Million Video Views, 80,000 conversations, almost 260,000 people engaged & industry best Video View Completion rates, the #LookUp movement in only growing from strength to strength, and continues to inspire the Youth & grow brand love for Vodafone", concluded Siddharth Banerjee, EVP - Marketing, Vodafone India
Tata Power's Generation Capacity Up by Close to 13% in Q1 FY18; Achieves Generation of 12,405 MUs Tata Power's Generation Capacity Up by Close to 13% in Q1 FY18; Achieves Generation of 12,405 MUs Tata Power, India’s largest integrated power company, today announced that the company’s generation capacity increased by close to 13% percent in Q1 FY18 as compared to Q1 FY17. The company, together with all its subsidiaries and jointly controlled entities, has an installed generation capacity of 10,466 MW (as of August 2017).
- Seven Hills Beverages Limited to Enter Capital Market
- Entrepreneurs Gear-up for Sixth Edition of Tata Social Enterprise Challenge
- Ruchi Soya Industries Welcomes Hike in Import Duty on Edible Oils
- Delhi to Host 4th India - International MSME & Startup Expo 2017
- The Voice India Fame Mohd. Danish Launched his First Official Poster of his Upcoming Song - We Indians
- V-Mart Organizes Its Flagship Business Program
- Consolidated Net Revenue Q1 FY18 Rs. 58,651 Crores, Consolidated PAT Rs. 3,200 Crores
- Air Force Band and Moonshine Band at Phoenix Marketcity
- STEM Summer Day Camp to Support Latino and African American Girls in Southern California
- Jaguar I-PACE Concept Named Most Significant Concept Vehicle of 2017
- Vodafone's #LookUp Movement to Keep Relationships Real is Winning Hearts Across India
- Epitome of Sportiness and Driving Pleasure: BMW Launches the New BMW 320d Edition Sport in India
- RBI cuts repo rates by 25 bps to 6 per cent, home loans may get cheaper
- Videocon Edge Eyes 12% Market Share of the Rs. 1600 Cr Enterprise Communication Solution Market in FY 17-18
- Soon, your order on Flipkart may be delivered by Amazon