Millennials today across the world are obsessed with their smartphones and are getting more dependent on their devices and the internet by the day. This has led to a new phenomenon called phubbing which has become rampant in our everyday lives. Phubbing is the term used to describe the habit of snubbing someone in favour of a mobile phone. Knowing or unknowingly most people today choose to look into their phones even as they sit across the table from someone.
“Relationships have moved from being warm and personal to being online and distant. While one can argue that the internet brings the world together, it also is making people grow more apart. As a brand which is a partner to one's relationships, we wanted to take a relevant stand against Phubbing and ask the youth to indulge in real conversations with each other", shares Hirol Gandhi, EVP Ogilvy India.
Research and data on India embracing feature phones and social media usage is erupting everywhere. A recent study by Kantar, IMRB and MMA on the feature phone usage in India indicated that people in India spend about 3 hours a day on the phone. “In our Friendship Day film, we chose to showcase the youth and their relationship with the internet and social media, and how they are today sub consciously choosing to ignore the connections that can be made offline while enhancing their connections online. It really is a representation of a lot of us,” shared Kiran Anthony, ECD Ogilvy India.
From the launch of the #LookUp movement around Valentine’s Day, to building momentum on Father’s Day and now releasing the 3rd story on Friendship Day, the LookUp movement is gathering huge applause. "The LookUp campaign has struck a chord among millions of Indians - with over 50 Million Video Views, 80,000 conversations, almost 260,000 people engaged & industry best Video View Completion rates, the #LookUp movement in only growing from strength to strength, and continues to inspire the Youth & grow brand love for Vodafone", concluded Siddharth Banerjee, EVP - Marketing, Vodafone India
Tata Value Homes Launches 'Offer of the Century' with 99 Hours Flash Sale on Affordable Homes Tata Value Homes Launches 'Offer of the Century' with 99 Hours Flash Sale on Affordable Homes ata Value Homes - a 100 % subsidiary of Tata Housing - one of the leading real estate development companies in India, today announced the launch of ‘99 hours flash sale’ on Tata Value Homes across India. Through this offer, Tata Value Homes will enable customers to own their dream home with 99 percent funding by select banks. The scheme is applicable on the first 99 units across the projects and for a l
- Four Plants of Ruchi Soya Honoured with Coveted National Safety Awards
- Tata Consultancy Services Unveils First-of-its-Kind Clinical Trials Medication Management and Patient Engagement Platform
- MobiKwik Launches Festive Brand Campaign, 'Paisa Bana Powerful'
- GNC Strengthens its Presence in India
- ICICI Bank Commits Rs. 10 Crore to the Indian Armed Forces
- GVK MIAL Bags National Awards for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability at the National CSR Leadership Congress & Awards 2017
- OMEGA Announces Kaia and Presley Gerber as its Newest Brand Ambassadors
- WittyFeed Bags Two Awards at the First Digipub Awards for Online Publishers
- Independent Research Firm Names CSS Corp as a 'Strong Performer' in Customer
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness
- Anushka Sharma Unveils Polaroid Eyewear Collection for Fall/ Winter 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks India Celebrates its Fourth Consecutive Win at the SHRM India HR Excellence Awards
- Bajaj Finance Witnessed a Sharp Rise in EMI Card User base in 12 months
- Rana Kapoor Recognized as Global Business Leader of the Year 2017
- Mastering the 'Modern Software Factory' Helps Companies Achieve Higher Revenue