Jaguar I-PACE Concept takes overall prize at 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards
I-PACE Concept achieves highest overall score to win Most Significant Concept Vehicle
Ground-breaking concept also awarded Production Preview Concept of the Year
Previewing Jaguar’s first all-electric vehicle, I-PACE will be on the road in 2018
The Jaguar I-PACE Concept has been named Most Significant Concept Vehicle of 2017 at the 16th North American Concept Vehicle Awards. As well as achieving the highest overall score to take away the top honour, Jaguar’s all-electric performance SUV also won the Production Preview Concept of the Year category.
The awards, held at the Concours d’Elegance of America, recognise those vehicles most likely to shape the future of the automobile industry. More than two dozen jurors participated in a selection process that involved a total of 24 vehicles, each introduced to North America during this season's auto shows in Los Angeles, Detroit, Chicago, Toronto and New York.
Praised for its beautiful and futuristic design, the I-PACE Concept was described by judge Ashly Knapp as a ‘landmark in automotive technology’. Juror Lauren Fix said: “Jaguar has completely improved the brand in so many ways and the I-PACE Concept presents the new direction.”
One of the most visually arresting concepts ever produced by Jaguar, the all-electric performance SUV takes full advantage of the packaging freedom offered by electrification. It previews Jaguar’s first electric vehicle, the Jaguar I-PACE, which will be on the road in the second half of 2018.
|Ian Callum with I-PACE Concep|
Ian Callum, Jaguar Director of Design, said: “Our challenge was to design an electric vehicle that’s distinctively and unmistakably a Jaguar – and one which demonstrates that an electric vehicle can be visually dramatic as well as practical. I think that the Jaguar I-PACE Concept has done exactly that, and is clearly at the forefront of the trend for more beautiful, more desirable electric vehicles. We’re very proud of it, and we’re delighted that the North American jurors have recognised us for succeeding in our mission by awarding the I-PACE Concept the 2017 Concept Car of the Year.”
Notes to Editors
Michael Bettencourt – “Beautiful and futuristic, from the body to the powertrain, the I-PACE Concept is a slam dunk winner here.”
Gary Vasilash – “Can an electric crossover be sexy? So far the answer to that has been a resounding "meh". The I-PACE Concept is drop-dead gorgeous. Period.”
Lauren Fix – “Jaguar has completely improved the brand in so many ways, and the I-PACE Concept presents the new direction for the brand.”
Ashly Knapp – “The least polluting, cleanest operating, quietest, lowest maintenance and operating costs SUV ever built may also be the most beautiful SUV ever. Soon we will barely hear the near 400 hp all-electric all-wheel-drive all-battery powered I-PACE roll onto our streets. With over 500 foot-pounds of torque and about a 300 mile range you’re ready to adventure in luxury. The front and rear motors are synchronized by computer through wires. Jaguar designers and engineers have a unique history of synchronizing most components to work in harmony with educated instinctive pilots. This leadership vehicle is a landmark in automotive technology.”
Jim Scoutten – “Yes, Jaguar needs a luxury-performance ute. The I-PACE Concept will do very nicely.”
Jaguar’s heritage of elegant design and breathtaking performance has excited and delighted the world for more than 80 years. Today’s world-class Jaguar family embodies the Art of Performance and will grow again in 2018 with the all-electric I-PACE performance SUV, joining the remarkable, much admired and award-winning XE, XF and XJ saloons, the dramatic F-TYPE sports car, the F-PACE performance crossover – the fastest-selling Jaguar ever – and the all-new E-PACE compact performance SUV.
Tata Consultancy Services Unveils First-of-its-Kind Clinical Trials Medication Management and Patient Engagement Platform Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS) a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has launched Connected Clinical Trials (CCT), an innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that enables pharmaceutical companies to significantly transform patient engagement in clinical trials and improve the efficiency and accountability of the clinical supply process.
- MobiKwik Launches Festive Brand Campaign, 'Paisa Bana Powerful'
- GNC Strengthens its Presence in India
- ICICI Bank Commits Rs. 10 Crore to the Indian Armed Forces
- GVK MIAL Bags National Awards for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability at the National CSR Leadership Congress & Awards 2017
- OMEGA Announces Kaia and Presley Gerber as its Newest Brand Ambassadors
- WittyFeed Bags Two Awards at the First Digipub Awards for Online Publishers
- Independent Research Firm Names CSS Corp as a 'Strong Performer' in Customer
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness
- Anushka Sharma Unveils Polaroid Eyewear Collection for Fall/ Winter 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks India Celebrates its Fourth Consecutive Win at the SHRM India HR Excellence Awards
- Bajaj Finance Witnessed a Sharp Rise in EMI Card User base in 12 months
- Rana Kapoor Recognized as Global Business Leader of the Year 2017
- Mastering the 'Modern Software Factory' Helps Companies Achieve Higher Revenue
- Tata Housing Wins Project of the Year 2017 at Project Management Institute
- Bajaj Finserv's Festive Season Offer - Affordable Home Loans at Lowest Interest Rates