Tata Power, India’s largest integrated power company, today announced that the company’s generation capacity increased by close to 13% percent in Q1 FY18 as compared to Q1 FY17. The company, together with all its subsidiaries and jointly controlled entities, has an installed generation capacity of 10,466 MW (as of August 2017).Tata Power has significantly increased its presence in the clean energy space with a gross installed capacity of 3,144 MW.
Overall in Q1 FY18, company continued its robust operations with Maithon Power station generating 1952 MU. Standalone generation for the quarter stood at 3277MU. Trombay Thermal Power generated 1719 MU. Jojobera Thermal Power Station generated 768 MU and Haldia reported generation of 203 MU. Industrial Energy reported generation of 664 MU and TPREL, the renewable energy arm of Tata Power, generated 250 MU in Q1 that includes clean and green energy sources (wind and solar). Total consolidated generation stood at 12405 MU.
Commenting on this development, Mr. Anil Sardana, CEO and MD, Tata Power, said, "Tata Power has and will continue to be a part of India’s growth story. With the support of leading technological innovations, excellence in project execution, world class safety processes, customer care, and green initiatives, the company has succeeded in establishing a strong foothold across the country and in select geographies towards creating stakeholder value. We are confident we will continue to significantly contribute towards the vision of ‘Power for All’.”
The Company generates power from various fuel sources such as thermal (coal, gas and oil), hydroelectric power, renewable energy (wind and solar) and waste heat recovery, thereby, reinforcing its position as the largest integrated power company in India. Tata Power continues to be on the lookout for feasible organic and inorganic projects, both greenfield and brownfield, in India and abroad
About Tata Power Tata Power is India’s largest integrated power company with a growing international presence. The Company together with its subsidiaries and jointly controlled entities has an installed gross generation capacity of 10466 MW and a presence in all the segments of the power sector viz. Fuel Security and Logistics, Generation (thermal, hydro, solar and wind), Transmission, Distribution and Trading. It has successful public-private partnerships in Generation, Transmission and Distribution in India namely “Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited" with Delhi Vidyut Board for distribution in North Delhi, 'Powerlinks Transmission Ltd.' with Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd. for evacuation of Power from Tala hydro plant in Bhutan to Delhi and 'Maithon Power Ltd.' with Damodar Valley Corporation for a 1050 MW Mega Power Project at Jharkhand. Tata Power is serving more than 2.6 million distribution consumers in India and has developed the country’s first 4000 MW Ultra Mega Power Project at Mundra (Gujarat) based on super-critical technology. It is also one of the largest renewable energy players in India with a clean energy portfolio of 3144 MW. Its international presence includes strategic investments in Indonesia through a 30% stake in the leading coal company PT Kaltim Prima Coal (KPC), 26% stake in mines at PT Baramulti Suksessarana Tbk ("BSSR"); in Singapore through Trust Energy Resources to securitize coal supply and the shipping of coal for its thermal power generation operations; in South Africa through a joint venture called ‘Cennergi’ to develop projects in sub-Sahara Africa; in Zambia through 50:50 joint venture with ZESCO for 120 MW Hydro which has become operational in 2016; in Georgia through AGL which is a joint venture with Clean Energy, Norway & IFC for development of 187 MW hydro project and in Bhutan through a hydro project in partnership with The Royal Government of Bhutan. With its track record of technology leadership, project execution excellence, world class safety processes, customer care and driving green initiatives, Tata Power is poised for a multi-fold growth and committed to 'lighting up lives' for generations to come”. Visit us at:www.tatapower.com
Tata Consultancy Services Unveils First-of-its-Kind Clinical Trials Medication Management and Patient Engagement Platform Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS) a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has launched Connected Clinical Trials (CCT), an innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that enables pharmaceutical companies to significantly transform patient engagement in clinical trials and improve the efficiency and accountability of the clinical supply process.
- MobiKwik Launches Festive Brand Campaign, 'Paisa Bana Powerful'
- GNC Strengthens its Presence in India
- ICICI Bank Commits Rs. 10 Crore to the Indian Armed Forces
- GVK MIAL Bags National Awards for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability at the National CSR Leadership Congress & Awards 2017
- OMEGA Announces Kaia and Presley Gerber as its Newest Brand Ambassadors
- WittyFeed Bags Two Awards at the First Digipub Awards for Online Publishers
- Independent Research Firm Names CSS Corp as a 'Strong Performer' in Customer
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness
- Anushka Sharma Unveils Polaroid Eyewear Collection for Fall/ Winter 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks India Celebrates its Fourth Consecutive Win at the SHRM India HR Excellence Awards
- Bajaj Finance Witnessed a Sharp Rise in EMI Card User base in 12 months
- Rana Kapoor Recognized as Global Business Leader of the Year 2017
- Mastering the 'Modern Software Factory' Helps Companies Achieve Higher Revenue
- Tata Housing Wins Project of the Year 2017 at Project Management Institute
- Bajaj Finserv's Festive Season Offer - Affordable Home Loans at Lowest Interest Rates