Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company, through Adjaristsqali Georgia LLC (AGL), its joint venture with Norway's Clean Energy Invest AS Norway (Clean Energy) and IFC InfraVentures (IFC), a member of the World Bank group, today, announced the synchronization of its 186 MW Shuakhevi Hydro Power Project (HPP) in record time. Further, Tata Power has commenced stabilization procedures to ensure smooth operations. The construction of the plant started in the fall of 2013 and has been synchronized on the 1stand 2nd of August 2017, in a record time of less than four years.
Tata Power, India's largest integrated power company
Shuakhevi HPP is the largest hydropower plant to be built in Georgia over the past 50 years, and its project investment cost exceeded USD 420 million. The completion ceremony was presided by the Prime Minister of Georgia, Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and the Vice Prime Minister and Energy Minister, Kakha Kaladze.
Around 730 Georgian citizens were employed in the plant construction. The project will significantly contribute to Georgia’s path toward energy independence. The power generated by the project will be exclusively sold within Georgia throughout the winter, which is a period of energy deficit.
Commenting about this development, Anil Sardana, CEO and Managing Director, Tata Power, said, “We are delighted to announce the synchronization of our Shuakhevi hydro project in a record time. We continue to strengthen our international presence and look for viable business opportunities across the select international geographies. We are grateful to our strategic partners, Clean Energy and IFC InfraVentures, for helping us complete and synchronize this project within the prescribed timeline. We are also happy to announce that we have commenced stabilization procedures that will ensure uninterrupted power supply.”
Prashant Joshi, CEO of AGL, added, “The Shuakhevi Hydropower Project will contribute significantly to energy independence of Georgia. We take this opportunity to thank the honorable Prime Minister, Mr. Giorgi Kvirikashvili, and Vice Prime Minister, Minister of Energy of Georgia, Mr. Kaladze, and all members of Government of Georgia for their support in harnessing Georgia's huge hydropower potential.”
As a part of this project, one weir and two dams, with their respective reservoirs and connecting tunnels, have been constructed to divert water for power generation. The water conductor system consists of three tunnels with cumulative length of 33.48km and 3.75km of construction adits. Shuakhevi HPP is the first hydropower project in Georgia to have been certified by the UN Framework Convention on Climate Change to reduce carbon emissions. It will generate about 470GWh of clean energy while lowering greenhouse gases emissions by more than 2,00,000 tonnes per year.
Tata Consultancy Services Unveils First-of-its-Kind Clinical Trials Medication Management and Patient Engagement Platform Tata Consultancy Services (TCS), (BSE: 532540, NSE: TCS) a leading global IT services, consulting and business solutions organization, has launched Connected Clinical Trials (CCT), an innovative Software as a Service (SaaS) platform that enables pharmaceutical companies to significantly transform patient engagement in clinical trials and improve the efficiency and accountability of the clinical supply process.
- MobiKwik Launches Festive Brand Campaign, 'Paisa Bana Powerful'
- GNC Strengthens its Presence in India
- ICICI Bank Commits Rs. 10 Crore to the Indian Armed Forces
- GVK MIAL Bags National Awards for Excellence in CSR and Sustainability at the National CSR Leadership Congress & Awards 2017
- OMEGA Announces Kaia and Presley Gerber as its Newest Brand Ambassadors
- WittyFeed Bags Two Awards at the First Digipub Awards for Online Publishers
- Independent Research Firm Names CSS Corp as a 'Strong Performer' in Customer
- Sony Pictures Networks Latest PSA Implores you to Serve your Nation by Maintaining a Discipline of Cleanliness
- Anushka Sharma Unveils Polaroid Eyewear Collection for Fall/ Winter 2017
- Sony Pictures Networks India Celebrates its Fourth Consecutive Win at the SHRM India HR Excellence Awards
- Bajaj Finance Witnessed a Sharp Rise in EMI Card User base in 12 months
- Rana Kapoor Recognized as Global Business Leader of the Year 2017
- Mastering the 'Modern Software Factory' Helps Companies Achieve Higher Revenue
- Tata Housing Wins Project of the Year 2017 at Project Management Institute
- Bajaj Finserv's Festive Season Offer - Affordable Home Loans at Lowest Interest Rates