The latest real-estate research report by Magicbricks titled PropIndex for April-June 2017 quarter reveals a positive outlook for the realty market in India in the coming months. According to the report, real estate sector in India may see a strong turnaround in 2017 as 55% of the 750 localities across 14 major cities witnessed an average price increment of 2.8% in April-June 2017 quarter. At city level, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bangalore had a perceptible increment in weighted average price.
City Index April to June 2017
Hyderabad realty market moved up by 2%, while Bengaluru and Chennai by 1% each. The localities that witnessed an incremental price hike in the April-June quarter account for 52% of property searches and 54% of properties listed on Magicbricks, hence indicating a trend that important localities from both demand and supply perspective across India witnessed a price increase.
Sudhir Pai, CEO, Magicbricks, said, “Our latest Magicbricks PropIndex for April-June 2017 reveals that the quarter has remained positive as 55% of the 750+ localities that we cover, witnessed an average price increase of 2.8%. This is in contrast to our previous Magicbricks PropIndex for Jan-Mar 2017 that had stated that the overall realty market scenario remained weak. The Apr-Jun PropIndex also suggests that user driven markets, which did not see significant price increments during the boom period and also had lesser issues due to project delays, are doing relatively well. Among the 14 Indian cities, Hyderabad, Chennai and Bengaluru have emerged as the performing markets.”
Magicbricks PropIndex also revealed encouraging signs of price increment in affordable and lower-mid segments that comprise 65% of the 750 localities. While 55% localities in affordable segment had price increment, it was 56% in the lower-mid segment. Of the 14 cities covered, nine cities on average had price increment across 60% localities in lower-mid segment. Marginal price movement in both these categories mark the return of consumer interest and transaction activity and also augurs well for the industry.
Magicbricks PropIndex also stated that price level in other cities were practically stagnant or witnessed minor variation. In North, Greater Noida had the highest quarterly price decline followed by Ghaziabad, Noida, Delhi and Gurgaon. Pune and Thane in western India had marginal price decline while other cities like Mumbai, Navi Mumbai and Ahmedabad either had marginal price increment or were stagnant.
In terms of budget segments, 63% premium localities across most cities had price decline. This was more prevalent in the north Indian cities of Delhi, Gurgaon and Noida, where more than 75% premium localities, had price decline. Premium segment in Pune as well witnessed price decline across more almost 67% localities.
PropIndex also stated positive price movement in the Under-Construction (UC) property segment. Price of UC properties across 61% localities was either stable or saw a marginal increment. In comparison, price of Ready-to-move (RM) properties declined in 47% localities and was stable in only 2% localities.
Total Unveils Hi Perf with an Unique Mix of New Age and Traditional Marketing Tools Total Unveils ‘Hi-Perf’ with an Unique Mix of New Age and Traditional Marketing Tools Total Oil India Private Limited (TOIPL), an integrated energy producer and provider and a leading oil and gas company in India, has launched Total Hi—Perf an integrated 360 marketing campaign for its new range of high performing motorcycle engine oils
- KOR Energy Bags Orders from 4 (four) U.P Based Companies for 2.8MWp Rooftop Solar Power Plants
- Ajax Fiori Announces Expansion of Bangalore Operations with an Investment Outlay of INR 1000 Million
- Thanes most Coveted Residential Project Hosts One of the Biggest Hollywood Celebrity Trainers
- Paisabazaar.com Sources the Biggest Ever Single Unsecured Loan of Rs. 75 Lakh for Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Tickets for "OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition" Launch Event Sold Out in 60 Seconds
- ixigo Honours Indian Heroes With a Fund Raise Campaign on Armed Forces Flag Day
- MP Birla Cement and Mohun Bagan Athletic Club Come Together
- Nuvoco Wins the FICCI CSR Jury Award for Women Empowerment
- CASHe Launches Fintech Industry's First Distributed Ledger Based Smart Contract Tokens at Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- Subway Launches Winter Feast with Classy Combos
- Industry Risk Review by Alea Consulting on Defence Sector in India
- 24MRC Network Felicitated the Winners of 2017 Leaders Awards
- Finally, the Black Friday Sale Truly Arrives in India
- Coverfox Opens Up its Technology for Agents and Micro Entrepreneurs
- Online Hotel Booking Company, MiStay, Raises Funding from Axilor and Others