The project has been implemented in Gangajalghati block of Bankura District (West Bengal). The project supports 120 women across five villages namely Barbaid, Deuli, Latiyaboni, Machhbanda, and Nidhirampur. Through this initiative, Nuvoco aims to make women an equal contributory member of the family. Project Samridhi has managed to change numerous households by empowering the women through financial independence leading to stronger voice in dometic decision making. Additionally improving the overall quality of life through better access to education, nutrition intake and assest creation.
The project was started as a pilot in 2014 -15 with just ten households from small and marginal families in two villages. Gradually reviving and reinstating the Self Help Groups (SHG’s) started by adding more technical know-how for promoting mushroom cultivation on a larger scale. This activity has added nearly 40% increase in overall income of these households giving the women of the villages an equal footing with their male counterparts. A self sustaining business plan has also been set up for the same where the mushrooms cultivated, are marketed by the villagers.
Commenting on the win Mr. Ujjwal Batria, Country CEO Nuvoco said, "We are humbled by this recognition of our efforts towards creating a better tomorrow for women and bringing them at par socially as well as economically with their male counterparts. As a socially responsible corporate, we have embarked upon many social engagement programs with an aim to make a difference in the lives of the people and communities we operate in. We are particularly proud of the relentless efforts being put in by our team members in this journey towards achieving excellence. Together we aim to bring up the marginalised communities and help them with a sustainable and reliable source of income, so that they are independent."
Some of the nominees in this category were, Apollo Tyres Ltd., Tata Power Delhi Distribution Limited and Aditya Aluminum Hindalco Industries Limited. As part of the judging criterion, companies were assessed on issues taken up, target population, scale, location, replicability, sustainability, innovation, scalability, participation/involvement, finances and impact.
Nuvoco Vistas Corp. Ltd. (formerly Lafarge India Limited), is a leading manufacturer and retailer of construction materials with a vision to build a safer, smarter and more sustainable world. Nuvoco started operations in India in 1999 and over the past eighteen years, it has emerged as one of the major players in India; a reputation that is built on the foundations of Quality, Innovation, Safety and Trust. Today it has an installed capacity of around 10.92 MTPA with six cement plants in Chhattisgarh, Jharkhand, Rajasthan and West Bengal; and a pan-India presence in the ready-mix concrete (RMX) business with close to 70 plants across the country. Our operational focus is currently across two business divisions; in Cement we are amongst one of the leading players in Eastern, Central and North India; with high performance blended cement variants. Our premium product portfolio includes The Original Jojobera PSC, Concreto, Duraguard, Duraguard Microfiber, and Infracem. We have also forayed into value added products like construction chemicals, wall fill solutions and cover blocks. Our Ready-Mix Concrete is trusted alike by large developers, small contractors, builders, architects, government agencies, and individual house builders. The premium product range comprises Mega™ Series, Mega™ LWC, InstaMix, Artevia™, Agilia™. Guided by the enduring principles of safety for its employees and social responsibility for the community, the company is charting new roads in providing solutions to meet the country’s infrastructure needs.
HSIL Limited Brings its Digitally Integrated Lacasa Store to New Delhi Acetech 2017 HSIL Limited Brings its Digitally Integrated Lacasa Store to New Delhi Acetech 2017 HSIL Limited, India’s leading sanitaryware & bath-fittings’ company, showcased their state-of-the-art revolutionary Lacasa Concept Store at Acetech, Asia’s largest trade fair for the architecture and interior design industry. The company, recognized by its brand ‘Hindware’, a household name in India, prides itself on the constant innovation and reinvention
- Snapdeal Announces its Curated Christmas Store
- Total Unveils Hi Perf with an Unique Mix of New Age and Traditional Marketing Tools
- KOR Energy Bags Orders from 4 (four) U.P Based Companies for 2.8MWp Rooftop Solar Power Plants
- Ajax Fiori Announces Expansion of Bangalore Operations with an Investment Outlay of INR 1000 Million
- Thanes most Coveted Residential Project Hosts One of the Biggest Hollywood Celebrity Trainers
- Paisabazaar.com Sources the Biggest Ever Single Unsecured Loan of Rs. 75 Lakh for Kotak Mahindra Bank
- Tickets for "OnePlus 5T Star Wars Limited Edition" Launch Event Sold Out in 60 Seconds
- ixigo Honours Indian Heroes With a Fund Raise Campaign on Armed Forces Flag Day
- MP Birla Cement and Mohun Bagan Athletic Club Come Together
- Nuvoco Wins the FICCI CSR Jury Award for Women Empowerment
- CASHe Launches Fintech Industry's First Distributed Ledger Based Smart Contract Tokens at Global Entrepreneurship Summit
- Subway Launches Winter Feast with Classy Combos
- Industry Risk Review by Alea Consulting on Defence Sector in India
- 24MRC Network Felicitated the Winners of 2017 Leaders Awards
- Finally, the Black Friday Sale Truly Arrives in India