Sources have stated that the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) which conducts civil service examination has announced that there is no proposal currently under consideration of the government to give more weight age to general studies paper. This statement was made by The Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh in Lok Sabha.
The Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh clarified in Lok Sabha that the government is not considering any proposal to assign more weight age to general studies in UPSC Civil Services Examination due to be conducted on June 18, 2017.
According to Press trust of
India, in response to a question in Lok Sabha, Jitendra Singh said that
currently, the government is not considering any change in the weight age given
to general studies in the UPSC CSE for both preliminary and mains. Highlighting
the previous changes in the UPSC CSE exam pattern, Jitendra Singh said that
change in the syllabus of UPSC Civil Services took place in 2011 followed by
changes in 2013 when four papers of General Study’s carrying 250 marks each
Since 2013, General Study’s paper in Mains exam carries 1000 marks out of the total 1750 marks in the written examination. Also in 2015, the General Studies Paper II was made qualifying in nature with minimum marks fixed at 33% of total marks assigned. Therefore, the pattern for UPSC CSE 2017 prelims exam for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) remains the same as of now.
Candidates can check the answer keys & OMR sheets on the official website The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) conducted the written exam for the post of Post Graduate Teacher (PGT) and PRT on January 7, 2017, and Trained Graduate Teacher (TGT) and TGT (Misc.) on January 8, 2017. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan recruitment examination 2017 answer keys have been announced on the official website.
- Pattern for UPSC CSE 2017 prelims exam for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) remains the same as of now
- Sri Venkateshwara University RANKS FIRST...
- Online course on social psychology is offered by The University of Queensland
- Yellapragada Subbarao - The Man who revolutionized the Field of Medicine
- Official notification released by the District and Session Court, Lohit inviting candidates to apply for the court jobs
- BSNL recruitment invited them to apply for the post of Junior Telecom Officer-Telecom (JTO-T)
- IISC opens doors to general public to visit, learn, ask and understand the research culture
- NIMCET exam date Announced
- SAU invites eligible candidates for admission to Masters and PhD programs
- Civil Services preliminary examination, to select IAS, IFS & IPS officers among others, has been pre-poned is scheduled in June (Education)
- Introduction to Human Neuroanatomy is a free online course by MichiganX
- Introduction to drug discovery is a free online course by Davidson College
- Things you will learn when studied abroad
- Introduction to Engineering Simulation by Cornell University
- CUSAT 2017 Application form available from February 8