Sources have stated that the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) which conducts civil service examination has announced that there is no proposal currently under consideration of the government to give more weight age to general studies paper. This statement was made by The Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh in Lok Sabha.
The Minister of State for Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions Jitendra Singh clarified in Lok Sabha that the government is not considering any proposal to assign more weight age to general studies in UPSC Civil Services Examination due to be conducted on June 18, 2017.
According to Press trust of
India, in response to a question in Lok Sabha, Jitendra Singh said that
currently, the government is not considering any change in the weight age given
to general studies in the UPSC CSE for both preliminary and mains. Highlighting
the previous changes in the UPSC CSE exam pattern, Jitendra Singh said that
change in the syllabus of UPSC Civil Services took place in 2011 followed by
changes in 2013 when four papers of General Study’s carrying 250 marks each
Since 2013, General Study’s paper in Mains exam carries 1000 marks out of the total 1750 marks in the written examination. Also in 2015, the General Studies Paper II was made qualifying in nature with minimum marks fixed at 33% of total marks assigned. Therefore, the pattern for UPSC CSE 2017 prelims exam for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) remains the same as of now.
Eligible criteria for Tourism Management Accordingly one looks to be a part of Tourism Industry must have the hunger to learn new things every day, along with the knack to stay updated with the latest trends. Although it would seem all glamorous the industry has much more to offer and requires hard working and diligent individuals. Those interested in Tourism can opt for a diploma, certificate, undergraduate or postgraduate programs.
- Have you completed BA English Literature - Here are some tips for you on what to do up next!
- Medical aspirants can take Homeopathy to serve the world
- Air India Air Transport Services Limited (AIATSL) calls for post of Handymen
- Well, you got a bright future if you choose your career in Gaming Technology
- Know about First Forensic Science University in Bengaluru
- Tips for preparing CAT 2017 Last Minute
- Apply for B.Tech admissions by VITEEE
- Apply for BHEL Technician Apprentices Recruitment 2017
- How to become a Homeopathic Doctor?
- 2018 Admissions Open for IIT Madras MBA
- Interim Placement Report for batch 2016-2018 at IFMR
- How to make Chidren's day so special?
- Apply now for Oil Recruitment 2017
- Deemed universities cannot run engineering degrees through distance learning, SC
- Improving Academic writing skills