Sources have stated that as many as 15 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) set up under public-private partnership mode will soon be granted the powers to award degrees to their students. To give effect to this, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar today introduced in the Lok Sabha the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Bill, 2017, which seeks to declare 15 functional IIITs, set up under public-private partnership mode, as institutions of national importance.
These institutes are required to be given statutory status and enable them to "grant degrees to the students", according to the Statement of Objects and Reasons of the bill. The power of IIITs to grant degrees would enhance their acceptability and since students of five such institutes would be completing their graduation in July and August this year, there is an urgent need to confer the statutory status on them.
To help address the challenges faced by the country's information technology industry, the government has decided to set up 20 IIITs under the public-private partnership mode. Among others, the bill provides powers to "hold examinations and grant degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions or title and to confer honorary degrees".
Currently, there are four IIITs which are funded by the government and functioning under the IIIT Act, 2014. These institutes are located at Jabalpur, Kancheepuram, Gwalior and Allahabad.
How to become a Homeopathic Doctor? An aspiring doctor of Homeopathy must decide their focus when they are in Class 12 or its equivalent. For the board examination, the aspirant must choose the Biology stream. The field of Homeopathy requires the same amount of preparation that a student of MBBS does. They need to study medicine for 5 years, with one year of house surgency.
- 2018 Admissions Open for IIT Madras MBA
- Interim Placement Report for batch 2016-2018 at IFMR
- How to make Chidren's day so special?
- Apply now for Oil Recruitment 2017
- Deemed universities cannot run engineering degrees through distance learning, SC
- Improving Academic writing skills
- IIT Kanpur announces JEE Advanced 2018 Eligibility criteria
- 5 Things you should do before you leave home for studying in abroad
- Chitrakala Painting Competition for Children to exhibit their talents
- Easy Steps for students to handle everyday stress
- Apply for Assistant post in RBI Recruitment 2017
- A Child's importance of learning in the first five years
- Should College students be Independent?
- 60 million year Dinosaur fossil found
- Did you know that at Harvard, one of the most prestigious universities in the world