Sources have stated that as many as 15 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) set up under public-private partnership mode will soon be granted the powers to award degrees to their students. To give effect to this, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar today introduced in the Lok Sabha the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Bill, 2017, which seeks to declare 15 functional IIITs, set up under public-private partnership mode, as institutions of national importance.
These institutes are required to be given statutory status and enable them to "grant degrees to the students", according to the Statement of Objects and Reasons of the bill. The power of IIITs to grant degrees would enhance their acceptability and since students of five such institutes would be completing their graduation in July and August this year, there is an urgent need to confer the statutory status on them.
To help address the challenges faced by the country's information technology industry, the government has decided to set up 20 IIITs under the public-private partnership mode. Among others, the bill provides powers to "hold examinations and grant degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions or title and to confer honorary degrees".
Currently, there are four IIITs which are funded by the government and functioning under the IIIT Act, 2014. These institutes are located at Jabalpur, Kancheepuram, Gwalior and Allahabad.
Spiritualism course to be launched by IGNOU by August Sources have stated that in association with the Swaminarayan Sansthan, the Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) is planning to introduce courses in spiritualism and moral education from August this year.
- CBSE Board Class 12 Results 2017 out Today
- Download UPSC Preliminary Exam 2017 admit card by following these steps
- Apply for Engineering admissions in Anna University before May 31
- Download interview letter for Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan recruitment
- Tamilnadu TRB fulfills the eligibility criteria required for the listed posts, can fill the application form online
- Last date for registration of online application for UPPSC recruitment is June 1, 2017
- Nagaland 10th Class Result 2017 / NBSE HSLC Results 2017
- The Meghalaya Board of School Education RESULTS DECLARED
- Application for the defense jobs opportunity, send your application given format to DRDO
- A Child's importance of learning in the first five years
- Regarding KPSC recruitment, candidates can apply for various posts before May 17
- Document verification for APPSC will be held from 1 May 2017 till 6 May 2017
- Addition to the already proliferating entrance exams might soon be a test for B.Ed and B.E admissions
- Answer Keys, OMR Sheets released for JEE Main 2017
- How to apply for Canara Bank Recruitment Drive