Sources have stated that as many as 15 Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs) set up under public-private partnership mode will soon be granted the powers to award degrees to their students. To give effect to this, HRD Minister Prakash Javadekar today introduced in the Lok Sabha the Indian Institutes of Information Technology (Public-Private Partnership) Bill, 2017, which seeks to declare 15 functional IIITs, set up under public-private partnership mode, as institutions of national importance.
These institutes are required to be given statutory status and enable them to "grant degrees to the students", according to the Statement of Objects and Reasons of the bill. The power of IIITs to grant degrees would enhance their acceptability and since students of five such institutes would be completing their graduation in July and August this year, there is an urgent need to confer the statutory status on them.
To help address the challenges faced by the country's information technology industry, the government has decided to set up 20 IIITs under the public-private partnership mode. Among others, the bill provides powers to "hold examinations and grant degrees, diplomas and other academic distinctions or title and to confer honorary degrees".
Currently, there are four IIITs which are funded by the government and functioning under the IIIT Act, 2014. These institutes are located at Jabalpur, Kancheepuram, Gwalior and Allahabad.
Did you know that at Harvard, one of the most prestigious universities in the world The Positive Psychology class taught by Ben Shahar attracts 1400 students per semester and 20% of Harvard graduates take this elective course. According to Ben Shahar, the class - which focuse prestigiouss on happiness, self-esteem and motivation - gives students the tools to succeed and face life with
- Examination details of Railway Recruitment Board 2017
- Tips to teachers to make students perform well
- Apply for Contract Engineer post at Hindustan Shipyard Company
- Prof S Vijaya Bhaskara Rao elected to the IETE Governing Council to strengthen students activities
- Assistant Manager post recruitment by NABARD
- CBSE to advance Std.X and XII exams in order to increase the time for evaluation
- Apply for Lecture post at Tamilnadu Recruitment Board
- SRM University: Amaravati Announces Scholarship for Meritorious Students
- Apply for Executive Director Post at BSNL
- Apply for Officers, Clerks in Federal Bank
- Best Higher Education Institutions in Karnataka
- Tamilnadu class 10, 11 and 12 board exam 2018 dates released
- Book Donation Drive to happen from teaching tree
- Apply for Technical post and Social Worker: AIIMS Jodhpur Recruitment
- Satish Dhawan Space Centre SHAR released new employment notification