Garlic Contains a Compound Called Allicin, Which Has Potent Medicinal Properties
Garlic is a plant in the Allium(onion) family. It is closely related to onions, shallots and leeks. It grows in many parts of the world and is a popular ingredient in cooking due to its strong smell and delicious taste.
Garlic Can Combat Sickness, Including the Common Cold
Garlic supplementation is known to boost the function of the immune system. One large 12-week study found that a daily garlic supplement reduced the number of colds by 63% compared with placebo. The average length of cold symptoms was also reduced by 70%, from 5 days in placebo to just 1.5 days in the garlic group.
The Active Compounds in Garlic Can Reduce Blood Pressure
Cardiovascular diseases like heart attacks and strokes are the world’s biggest killers. High blood pressure, or hypertension, is one of the most important drivers of these diseases. Human studies have found garlic supplementation to have a significant impact on reducing blood pressure in people with high blood pressure.
Cholesterol Levels, Which May Lower The Risk of Heart Disease
Garlic can lower Total and LDL cholesterol. For those with high cholesterol, garlic supplementation appears to reduce total and/or LDL cholesterol by about 10-15%. Looking at LDL (the “bad”) and HDL (the “good”) cholesterol specifically, garlic appears to lower LDL but has no reliable effect on HDL.
Ideal Diet after Cesarean Delivery Easily Digestible Foods You should be careful not to eat foods that cause gas and constipation. Avoid carbonated drinks and fried foods, which produce gas. Eat fiber rich foods to stay away from constipation. Warm soups can be easily digested, and are nutritious as well. Cottage cheese, broth, and yogurt are also good.
- Proven health benefits of Garlic
- Healthy eating habits for Kids
- How should Men keep their body healthy?
- Ways to grow thick eyebrows naturally
- Tips for building strong bones in kids
- Natural home remedies to get rid of pimples
- How to boost your child's immunity?
- Which foods are rich in Iron content?
- Children who missed the first phase of the drive given vaccine at 10 hospitals
- Natural remedies for Vaginal White discharge
- Ginger as a Beauty product
- Types of Kidney stones (Health)
- Foods for Healthy eyes (Health)
- Homemade Remedies for Knee Pain
- Amazing super foods for beating Migraines and Headaches.