Obesity is the condition of physical state of the body when excessive deposition of fat takes place in the adipose tissue. Extra fat puts a strain on the heart, liver, kidneys and the joints. To reduce weight and get rid of obesity, these basic points should be noted.
- Diet recommended for early morning: Juice of half a lemon with warm water and a teaspoon of honey. Breakfast - Wheat or Moong bean sprouts with a cup of skimmed milk. Mid morning - A glass of orange, carrot or pineapple juice. Lunch - Raw vegetable salads like cucumber, cabbage, beetroot, and tomatoes. Steamed or boiled vegetables with whole wheat chapattis. Have a glass of buttermilk with coriander leaves, salt and ginger.
2. For mid afternoon - Dry fruits, lemon tea
and fresh vegetable soup. Dinner - Whole grain bread or chappathis with
steamed vegetables, seasonal fruits. Avoid eating bananas and apples
in the night as they may lead to Indigestion.
3. Home tips - Take large quantities of fruits,
vegetables and low calorie foods. Avoid consuming more salt as it may be a
factor for increasing your weight. Milk products like cheese, butter etc and
non vegetarian foods are rich in fat and must be avoided.
4. Regular intake of carrot juice helps in
weight loss. Honey is an excellent home remedy for Obesity. Bitter guard,
drumsticks and raw or cooked cabbage help in conversion of sugar and
carbohydrates into good fat. Exercise helps in burning up unwanted calories
from your body in the form of sweat. Walking, jogging, skipping swimming can be
the best exercises.
Foods to be taken during pregnancy Dairy products have two types of high quality protein: casein and whey. Dairy is the best dietary source of calcium, and provides high amounts of phosphorus, various B-vitamins, magnesium and zinc. Yogurt, especially Greek yogurt, is particularly beneficial for pregnant women. It contains more calcium than any other dairy product. Some varieties also contain probiotic bacteria, which support good digestion.
- Healthy eating habits for your kids
- Simple Ways To Minimize Acid Indigestion
- Ayurvedic Treatment for Anemia
- Fast Facts About Osteo Arthritis
- Iron and Iron Deficiency Facts
- Foods to help you get Regular Periods
- What foods does my toddler need for a balanced diet?
- Foods which are rich in Iron content