Broiler chicken is usually the kind of chicken most Americans consume. But there is a downside to this staple. With the risk of food poisoning and antibiotic resistance becoming very real concerns, should you be exploring alternatives? If not, safety measures like cooking, storing, and preparing it right could save you a lot of trouble and ward off infections.
Consumer Reports published a feature on the results of their tests on a sample of chicken breasts of different brands including organic ones, from across the United States. They found potentially harmful bacteria in a whopping 97% of the tested chicken samples.
When you eat these broiler chickens, the antibiotics and other things injected into the birds could possibly enter your bodies too. The European Union banned the use of synthetic hormones in animals bred for meat way back in 1981. However, similar legislation hasn’t hit American shores yet. If the poultry you consume did indeed have such hormones in them, there are concerns that they could affect you too.
This on its own is problem enough, but to make things a little more challenging comes the added issue of antibiotic resistance. Because broilers are bred in such intensive conditions and are often low on immunity, they are chock-full of antibiotics given to keep up the health of the bird and prevent outbreaks.
Foods to help you get Regular Periods . Omega 3 Fatty acids – Salmon, Fish oil supplements, Sardines Smoking, obesity, and high cholesterol can negatively affect your ovarian blood vessels, which blocks hormones and blood flow. Fish oils enhance blood circulation, reduce damage from free radicals, fight the effects of aging, and increase dopamine.
- Nutrition for kids during puberty
- Foods that fight Cold and flu during Rainy Season
- Natural remedies for teeth ache
- How do you get Vitamin D and Calcium?
- Homemade Remedies for stopping a running nose
- These Diets can cure an itchy scalp
- Tips for building strong bones in kids
- Joint friendly foods for Men's fitness
- Do you want to lose weight on a 12 week plan?
- Things to be avoided when you are pregnant
- Tips for back pain relief
- Healthy habits for good eye health
- Diets that will help women to gain energy during periods
- Simple dietary guidelines to keep you hale and healthy in Older age
- Why Women need more Calcium?