Being overweight does not just affect your self-esteem or your social life. It also has a big impact on your health. Fat affects your heart, lungs, muscles and bones. An unhealthy lifestyle has a huge impact on your life too. Many of the common problems associated with being overweight are life threatening and could result in an early death. Here are just three of the many reasons why being overweight is unhealthy for you:
Being overweight can lead to one of the most common conditions seen around the modern world, Type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes is based upon the deposits of fat in your body. As the body has more fat cells, it prevents other cells from taking the glucose which leads to a higher amount of glucose in the bloodstream instead. All it takes is to reduce your body weight between five and seven percent, along with 30 minutes of exercise five days a week, and your risk of developing Type 2 diabetes drops by 58 percent.
2) Heart Disease
Fat has a huge impact on your heart and increases your risk of a heart attack. Being overweight also affects the cholesterol and sodium levels in the body, which is the leading cause of heart attacks in the developed world. There is also an increase in blood pressure in those who are overweight, which means that your heart is working too hard. There are more heart disease related deaths due to this, such as angina or sudden heart attacks; those that cause death with no early symptoms. Just losing up to ten percent of your body weight will help to lower the risks of heart disease and heart attacks.
Stroke is still one of the top five causes of death, and is due to a problem with the flow of blood to the brain. There are many reasons linked to the causes of a stroke and being overweight is one of them, specifically due to a person’s overall body mass. This is because the arteries get narrowed and blood clots stop the blood from being able to flow to the brain. Stroke is also linked to high cholesterol and a lack of exercise, which is seen in many overweight people. While those who are not overweight are still at a risk of stroke, it makes those who are overweight at more of a risk. By having an extra 20 percent in body fat you are 50 percent more likely to suffer a stroke.
By losing your excess weight, you are not only going to look and feel better; you’ll dramatically reduce your risk of developing these frightening conditions too.
Snapdeal Leads its Sellers into the GST Era Snapdeal Leads its Sellers into the GST Era | Snapdeal today announced its platform’s successful transition into the post GST world, culminating months of preparation overhauling all key systems impacted by the taxation system change. This included enhancements across the Snapdeal Seller Panel, taxation system, cataloging system, order processing, invoicing and ERP systems. As of June 30, more than 92% of Snapdeal sellers (by value) had registered their GST Number with Snapdeal.
- Aircel Launches Unlimited Calls and 84 GB Data with FRC 348
- Orange County Resorts and Hotels Ltd. Unveils New Luxury Resort in Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tanishq Launches Red Carpet Collection in Mumbai
- Vodafone Launches Sakhi Pack In Up West and Uttarakhand
- Airtel Announces Project next
- The Trailer of Much Awaited Film Yeh Hai India Launched
- THE REGREEN CHENNAI - A Movement for Reviving Green Cover of the City Inaugurated Today
- Tata Motors Slashes Prices of its Passenger Vehicles, Post GST; Passes Benefits to its Customers
- MAX Presents ELITE MODEL LOOK 2017
- Vita-Fresh® Shower Filter to Dechlorinate the Shower Water for Healthy Skin and Hair Launched
- FICCI Organizes TANCARE to Promote Tamil Nadu as a Global Healthcare Destination
- Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifiers Proven to Improve Indoor Air Quality by TERI
- VLCC Rolls Out 'Get Well Soon' to Facilitate Healthy Living
- Hitting the Right Chord: Mega Food Parks Scheme Putting Food Processing Industry
- Diets Rich in Polyunsaturated Fats May Alter Appetite Hormones Among Millennials