Considering the growing ecommerce market in the Tier 2 and 3 cities of India, there has been a significant increase in the demand for premium brands. ShopX, India’s fastest growing digital offline platform, introduced iPhone in January 2017 on their platform. The aim of the launch was to bring a premium brand like Apple iPhone to the un-served 600 million middle income customers. ShopX, noted iPhone 5s as the highest demanded SKU amongst all smartphones sold on the platform. Over 70% of ShopX shipments were for Apple iPhone 5s, though higher valued iPhone 7 and 7 Plus were also sold.
The ShopX platform, launched iPhone in the South and West Indian markets. Amongst South Indian towns, Chikkaballapura in Karnataka, Kakinada in Andhra Pradesh were the top towns, which saw a good demand for the iPhone 5s. Even Karimnagar in Telangana and Kanhangad in Kerala received overwhelming response. Among the towns in Western India Rajkot, Pandharpur in Maharashtra, and Panaji in Goa showed growing preference for the iPhone 5s. Bhind in Madhya Pradesh was also part of the list of cities that aspired for the 5s.
Commenting on these insights, Mr. Amit Sharma, CEO and Co-Founder of ShopX said, “Apple is a brand that holds huge aspirational value, yet is not easily available beyond metro cities and Tier 1 cities in India. Fulfilling this need of consumers in India’s Tier 2 & 3 towns was the primary reason for us to enhance the reach and availability of iPhones though the ShopX platform. We have seen a surprising demand for Apple phones on our platform, which itself is a strong indication of growing preference for famous marquee brands in India’s Tier 2 and 3 towns.”
“While more of urban India is shopping online, rural areas and smaller Indian towns still prefer a ‘real human touch’ when it comes to shopping. In a context where relationship-based selling is still popular, ShopX’s unique digital offline channel brings large global brands within the reach of Indian consumers in every corner of India,” he further added. ShopX is backed by strategic investor Nandan Nilekani, and mentors including Jagdish Kini [ex- CEO, Airtel (South Region), Managing Director, Gillette India], and Pramod Varma [earlier: Chief Architect, UIDAI Aadhar Project, CTO Sterling Commerce].
Within a year of launch, ShopX has empowered 40,000 Retail Partners across 200 towns in 10 states; serving more than 1 million customers, making it one of the fastest growing companies in the country. The Company aims to provide the 600-million middle-income population in India (as against the current 50 million active internet buyer base) access to digital commerce through its Retailer Partners.
Courtesy by www.businesswire.com
Leonardo Olive Oil Creates an Experiential Zone at India International Trade Fair 2017 Leonardo Olive Oil Creates an Experiential Zone at India International Trade Fair 2017 Leonardo Olive Oil, a flagship brand of Cargill’s food business in India, has set up a differential consumer experience zone at India International Trade Fair (IITF) 2017 from November 14 to November 27, 2017 at Hall no. 18 L & Stall no. 25. In an unprecedented move, Leonardo has come up with a unique concept of three kitchen zones dedicated to the three variants of Leonardo Olive Oil
- Kissan Reminds us of the Joy of #RealTogetherness with Grandparents
- Diabetic Patients must Stay Alert to Diabetic Retinopathy
- Winning Over Cancer with Help from HCG - The Specialists in Cancer Care
- Airtel Introduces New Postpaid and Prepaid Innovations
- Subway Celebrates World Sandwich Day with Charitable Donations in India and Around the Globe
- Apollo Munich Health Insurance Honoured with General Insurance Company of the Year at Asia Insurance Industry Awards 2017
- Verka: A Crowd Puller at World Food India
- Vipul Medcare Launches H3U App
- Max Fashion Announces the Winner of its Festive CSR Campaign Make a Wish make Difference
- Eat, Love, Party Food Fest to begin from 3rd November in Noida
- Fenesta Launches Same Day Replacement Service for Windows
- On World Food Day, SonyLIV Introduces the Genre of Food
- Max Fashion Launches its Festive CSR Campaign - Make A Wish Make A Difference
- Preethi Kitchen Appliances Unveils Iconic-A New Revolutionary Wet Grinder
- Max Fashion Launches Festive Collection with Padma Shri Chef Sanjeev Kapoor and his Wife Alyona Kapoor