Festivals in Kerala are always celebrated with much pomp and show. The festive seasons display the best of Kerala’s rich culture and heritage. You will not want to miss the vibrant colors, exotic fragrances, scintillating music, and century long traditions that set each festival apart from the other.
Onam (also known as Thiruvonam) is the state festival of Kerala, observed by all its citizens, irrespective of caste, creed or community. Onam is traditionally celebrated with much joy and fervor.
Vishu is an auspicious festival celebrated by Hindus on the first day of the Malayalam month of Medam (April-May). Vishu is hailed as the beginning of a new year by residents of Kerala.
The birth of Jesus Christ is observed with traditional church services and elaborate nativity arrangements, sharing the love of Christ and the peace of the season with families and neighbors.
Easter is celebrated worldwide to signify the resurrection of Jesus Christ as the Christians in Kerala account for about 23% of the state’s population.
Ramadan is a month long festival observed earnest prayers, and fasting from to food to purify the body and soul, and become closer to God.
Deepavali is a celebration of God Sree Krishna’s triumph over the demon Narakasura. The Tamil communities in Kerala begin their celebrations early in the morning with a ritual oil bath before sunrise.
The crux of the Sivarathri celebration is at the Siva Temple at Aluva, on the banks of the Periyar River. There is a Siva Lingom (idol) that emerges out of the sand on the river bank that attracts thousands of pilgrims.
Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifiers Proven to Improve Indoor Air Quality by TERI Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifiers Proven to Improve Indoor Air Quality by TERI Sharp, the Indian market leader in innovative air purification devices, today announced that its air purifiers with inbuilt patented plasmacluster Ion technology has been validated for its efficacy by TERI (The Energy and Resources Institute)
- VLCC Rolls Out 'Get Well Soon' to Facilitate Healthy Living
- Hitting the Right Chord: Mega Food Parks Scheme Putting Food Processing Industry
- Diets Rich in Polyunsaturated Fats May Alter Appetite Hormones Among Millennials
- Garodia International Centre for Learning Mumbai Launches #MyDadMyHero Campaign
- Clovia Launches New Range of Show-off Bra Collection
- Cafe Coffee Day's New Over the Top Sundaes Will End Every Sweet Craving You Ever Had
- Neeru's - A Treasure House of Designer Indian Ethnics Opens its First Outlet in the Capital
- Unlimited Sharing & Caring offers by Vodafone this Ramzan for UP West Customers
- VLCC Partners with Central Marine Fisheries Research Institute (CMFRI)
- Explore the Magic of the Moon and Chill under it at Punnami Orvakal, the First Ever Full Moon Festival
- Virender Sehwag Hands Over Winners Trophy for Under 14 Tournament Junior Pitch
- Philips Lighting Expands its Sustainability Program in India
- Jugnoo Takes a Big Leap in Restaurant Aggregation; Launches Menus in 21 Cities
- Speedo Makes Swimming Fun for Kids!
- Mother's Day - Number Crunching for Gifts to Moms