Day Gift - Price Tags MatterWhen it comes to Mother’s Day gifts online, the average order value over the years has increased from around INR 700 in 2013 to about INR 1350 in 2016. The upward trend here is quite obvious. Moreover, in 2016 there was a 33% increase in orders for Mother’s Day as compared to 2015.Flowers lead the WayFlowers and Flower Combos have consistently been the top preferred category for Mother’s day gifting over the years. However, an interesting fact is that people prefer choosing gift hampers that have flowers as a significant part rather than sending standalone flowers.Personalized Gifts come a close second when it comes to Mother’s Day gifting online. Personalization has always played a significant role in gifting for almost all occasions. There is a certain level of emotions attached to sending personalized gifts to people who matter and Moms mean the world for almost everyone. Theabove categories are closely followed by Fashion & Lifestyle Products and Home Décor gifts.It’s not just about Children and their MomsA notable trend over the years is that Mother’s Day gifts are sent by friends and families to new mothers and/or expecting moms too. These accounted for approximately 15% of all purchases on Mother’s Day in 2016. While the figure may certainly seem low, it is definitely increasing as compared to 5% in 2014.Tarun Joshi from IGP said, “The fact that gifts to mother-in-law have increased from just 10% in 2013 to around 35% in 2016 is certainly an interesting development, indicative of an upward trend in the industry. It clearly proves that like many domestic festivals such as Rakhi, Mother’s Day Gifting is also becoming more compulsive & obligatory in nature.”Another key point when it comes to gifts during Mother’s Day is that women are the major buyers. Our figures indicate that women account for 65% of all purchases of Mother’s Day Gifts online as compared to 35% for Men.Distance MattersMore people living abroad have started sending Mother’s Day Gifts to India over the years. In 2015, approximately 7,400 orders for Mother’s Day were India-centric, and a major chunk of them, 4,000+ accounted for gifts ordered from abroad to Moms in India. In 2016, this number increased to more than 5,000 with total gifts hovering somewhere around 9,500.
About IGPIGP.com is India’s largest online gifting company, providing one of the best-curated collection of gifts, flowers, cakes & personalized products for all personal occasions & festivals (both domestic & international). The firm has a global footprint with almost half of its orders originating from outside of India and almost one-third of its orders getting delivered internationally to more than 90 countries across the globe. With a significant lead in curation & logistics, IGP is now heavily investing in technology to solve gift discovery problem through machine learning & tech-enabled merchandizing. IGP recently launched India’s first ever Gift Discovery platform, taking a massive leap forward in addressing consumers’ gifting needs.
Snapdeal Leads its Sellers into the GST Era Snapdeal Leads its Sellers into the GST Era | Snapdeal today announced its platform’s successful transition into the post GST world, culminating months of preparation overhauling all key systems impacted by the taxation system change. This included enhancements across the Snapdeal Seller Panel, taxation system, cataloging system, order processing, invoicing and ERP systems. As of June 30, more than 92% of Snapdeal sellers (by value) had registered their GST Number with Snapdeal.
- Aircel Launches Unlimited Calls and 84 GB Data with FRC 348
- Orange County Resorts and Hotels Ltd. Unveils New Luxury Resort in Hampi, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Tanishq Launches Red Carpet Collection in Mumbai
- Vodafone Launches Sakhi Pack In Up West and Uttarakhand
- Airtel Announces Project next
- The Trailer of Much Awaited Film Yeh Hai India Launched
- THE REGREEN CHENNAI - A Movement for Reviving Green Cover of the City Inaugurated Today
- Tata Motors Slashes Prices of its Passenger Vehicles, Post GST; Passes Benefits to its Customers
- MAX Presents ELITE MODEL LOOK 2017
- Vita-Fresh® Shower Filter to Dechlorinate the Shower Water for Healthy Skin and Hair Launched
- FICCI Organizes TANCARE to Promote Tamil Nadu as a Global Healthcare Destination
- Sharp Plasmacluster Air Purifiers Proven to Improve Indoor Air Quality by TERI
- VLCC Rolls Out 'Get Well Soon' to Facilitate Healthy Living
- Hitting the Right Chord: Mega Food Parks Scheme Putting Food Processing Industry
- Diets Rich in Polyunsaturated Fats May Alter Appetite Hormones Among Millennials