What Is Good
- Shailene Woodley
- Action scenes
- Visual effects
What Is Bad
- Resembles 'Hunger games'
- 'Maze Runner'
- Second half
'Allegiant' is the third part in 'Divergent' series. So in order to watch this movie, you have to watch 'Divergent' (2014) and 'Insurgent' (2015) first. Shailene Woodley is back as Tris and after the shocking revelations made in 'Insurgent', Tris must escape with Theo James (Four) beyond the walls that circles Chicago. She must also discover the real truth of what lies behind it. The remaining members of the Erudite faction are put on mock trials and executed and Tris brother is scheduled to be executed next. The movie is all about how 'Four' begins to plot a way to get behind walls and what is the shocking truth.
Just now we have came from 'The Hunger Games' franchise and once again this series is also in similar way. A young, dynamic and good looking people try to escape the evil governing bodies. If it is President Snow in 'The Hunger Games', it is President David here. The cast clearly repeats what they have done in previous two parts. Shailene Woodley, Theo James, Jeff Daniels, Miles Teller, Ansel Elgort, Maggie Q have justice to their roles. Shailene Woodley has given her best performance once again. She has more action than Insurgent and Divergent. But most of the time, the movie is filled with 'running'. The chemistry between Four and Tris is also better in this one. The tension between characters are palpable.
The biggest negative of the movie is the screenplay is predictable and it is the weakest plot. Honestly don't know what Robert Schwentke was thinking as the emotional scenes are also lazily done and there are no emotions. The climax was not honest. There is no continuity in the scenes. Major part of CGI is pretty average and ot even touches the line of bad at times. The Art concepts and Visual ideas still work well. The cinematography was incredible.
If you have read the novel, then this movie will disappoint you for sure. If you have watched the early two movies, once again this movie is just a disappointment. This is definitely not a great addition even though it has the same rhythm. The best positive aspect about the movie is Good action scenes and the suspense factor can be found in last 20 minutes. Let's hope we can get a better product in part 2, 'Ascendant'.
Can Rakul Preet pair with Mahesh Babu once again? Superstar Mahesh Babu just had a big budget release with the September 27 release Spy action thriller SPYder directed by A.R.Murugadoss. The film, made at a budget of 120 crores didn't quite set the cash registers ringing, and was appreciated only for the performance of director turned actor SJ Surya who aced the evil psychopath role.
- Mega Power Star Ready for a 'Oora Mass Combo' - It's Official
- WooHoo... Get ready to see Anushka like this by December
- Kajal Aggarwal is the female lead in Two Non-Baahubali South World Wide Grossers of 2017
- Hollywood release 'Geostorm' to storm theaters by this month end!
- Nivetha goes a big way!
- Quite an interesting line up of movies for Cherry!
- Tamil Actor feels so bad for not releasing his movie along with Mahesh Babu's 'SPYder'
- Nandamuri fans can rejoice after reading this news!
- Is Shruti Haasan's Father Two-Faced !?!
- Uuff! Finally, Allu Arjun avoids Tamil after looking at Mahesh Babu's 'SPYder' failure
- Mahesh Babu least bothered about SPYder Flop - His Chief Minister Avatar will arrive on...
- Samantha visits Chennai with her Husband Chaitanya Akkineni - Do you know, Why?
- Anupama's love behind the cameras!
- OMG! You won't believe with whom Nivetha Thomas is going to share screen space!