What Is Good
- Shraddha Kapoor
- Romance between the lead pair
What Is Bad
- Lengthy scenes towards climax
The movie is about Madhav Jha (Arjun Kapoor), a boy from Bihar who wants to study sociology but seems adamantly opposed to the idea of speaking the English language, an odd applicant for a college visibly modelled after St Stephens. At his college he spots a girl playing basketball, one who grimaces angrily and consistently makes faces so gullible. Riya(Shraddha Kapoor) from Delhi, willing to play ball with Madhav and go to movies with Madhav. Her dream is to perform as a singer in a New York bar. It is a movie that claims to celebrate romance and undying passion.
The movie is based on the popular author Chetan Bhagat’s best selling novel by the same name. Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha Kapoor have played supreme roles and their romance is the highlight of the movie. It is directed by Mohit Suri, who is known for making films like Kalyug, Raaz 2, Awarapan, Aashiqui 2. Shraddha Kapoor's recent released movies are Ok Jaanu and Rock On 2 are successful movies. Her acting style has huge fan bases everywhere. Arjun Kapoor and Shraddha's chemistry had worked very well in the movie.
Mohit’s technique of creating stand out scenes that blend in with the overall plotline is commendable. The music of Half Girlfriend is already a rage and the songs do play an important part in taking the story forward. Vikrant Massey in the role of Madhav’ s roommate is terrific. The songs which were released recently had touched hearts of many music lovers. The technical aspects is good and the movie's background scoring is average. Overall the technical aspects is sometimes neat and average.
Half Girlfriend is about two half wits who belong together. It is a film that claims to celebrate romance and undying passion and gates both Bill and Indian, but all it does is applaud a spoilt man who believes he is a scapegoat. Arjun Kapoor plays this lousy protagonist in a lumbering manner. Also the portions before the big climax revelation are too jumpy, and feel disconnected. Half Girlfriend has full drama and works primarily due to Arjun Kapoor’s stellar performance and his crackling chemistry with Shraddha Kapoor.
Raashi Khanna's glamor show gets some delay Mass Maharaja Ravi Teja, who scored a much needed hit with his latest release Raja the Great which broke the myth of a Diwali Release becoming successful in Tollywood, besides ending his flop streak after his 2013 flick Balupu, is currently looking forward to the release of his long-delayed movie Touch chesi chudu.
- Megha's debut movie resumes it's shooting after a long time
- Anu Emmanuel gets a solid big project
- The New Year 2018 and New Month January entirely belongs to Keerthi Suresh
- Tamannaah herself will be Flexing her Muscles for this Hindi movie
- Controversial Director who created ripples with Topless and Nude shots seeks a Star Actress - Do you Know who?
- A lead actress complaints that a producer behaved like a Monster
- The Most expected Mentor - Disciple Combo comes Together for a new project
- Finally, The Date is Fixed for the 'Biggie'
- Mallu Beauty joins with Bikini Beauty in the same project for 'Real'
- Details on the Second Attempt is now revealed
- SHOCKING but TRUE! Mahesh Babu's 'Bharath Ane Nenu', Allu Arjun's 'Naa Peru Surya' WILL NOT RELEASE - PROOF inside
- From Dashing Debonair to a Stylish Don - 10 Years of 'THALA' Ajith's 'BILLA' - All you need to Know and 18 Shooting Spot Stills
- BIG plans for the 'Mega' Hero
- Will she be the Female Lead in the much hyped project?