What Is Good
- Issue dealt with
What Is Bad
- Dull climax
- Slow narration
- Music in second half
This movie is about four women of different age groups and they are inflicted by silly societal norms. So they cheat, lie, steal and hide things in order to lead their life happily. All these women are surrounded by patriarchal figures and male counterparts in the form of the husband, friend, lover to suppress their basic dreams and desires to lead a life to their satisfaction. The movie teaches many women to mute their feelings in the society.
The women portraying these lives on screen give Lipstick its true color. Plabita and Aahana are instantly relatable and light up the screen. Konkona had acted as Shireen, Aahana as Leela, Plabita as Rihana and Ratna as Usha. All the actresses have acted terrifically and have proved their level best in the movie. Alankrita Shrivastava had made the superb direction and this movie may not change drastically things for women, but this will smudge a few boundary lines.
Movie cinematographer Akshay Singh uses tight close-ups in cramped spaces to make you sensational. The music is on an average scale but the lyrics are well written superbly adds more involvement for the audience in watching the movie . The technical aspects have no issue and everything is made perfectly. We need to mention the production values too. The cinematography speaks a lot and we see that in each and every frame too.
This movie had dealt with women oriented basic and common problems who are struggling to get their basic demands and needs. The movie has to do with the writing and build up that leads to an extremely dull climax. As women championing causes of freedom and sexual expression why are they unable to break the shackles after having moments of realization that the power lies within. The making in the first half is good when compared to the second half of the movie. This movie should be watched by all men in the society and feel the depressed state of mind of all women.
From Dashing Debonair to a Stylish Don - 10 Years of 'THALA' Ajith's 'BILLA' - All you need to Know and 18 Shooting Spot Stills Billa (2007), was the second remake of a yesteryear film in Tamil industry, and being the remake of a movie that had different versions in Tamil and Hindi, with Superstar Rajnikanth, Amitabh Bachchan and Shahrukh Khan acing the Don act in their own styles, it was a huge target ahead of director Vishnuvardhan and team to not just stand up to the original, but also to deliver a product satisfying the millions of diehard fans of Ajithkumar.
- BIG plans for the 'Mega' Hero
- A lead actress complaints that a producer behaved like a Monster
- Will she be the Female Lead in the much hyped project?
- The Gorgeous Telugu Girl stoops down and wears 'Such a BIKINI' to grab attention - Photo Proof Inside
- The Most expected Mentor - Disciple Combo comes Together for a new project
- "I feel shy to narrate the dialogues to actresses... But he helped me..."
- Controversial Director who created ripples with Topless and Nude shots seeks a Star Actress - Do you Know who?
- Kajal wears a Transparent Top and exposes her Inner Beauty during an Interview - 'Hot' Photo Proof inside !!
- Just Money and Tamanna AGREES for 'EVERYTHING' !?!
- BIG Factor takes it to Mallu !!
- The Curly Haired Mallu Beauty ready to show the hidden side
- Enough of glamour - The Bubbly babe decides to go with some humour
- Pooja Hedge shows her thundering Thighs in Public by wearing such a short shrts - See all photos inside!
- Alia Bhatt opens about the Senior Actor on the sets