What Is Good
- Issue dealt with
What Is Bad
- Dull climax
- Slow narration
- Music in second half
This movie is about four women of different age groups and they are inflicted by silly societal norms. So they cheat, lie, steal and hide things in order to lead their life happily. All these women are surrounded by patriarchal figures and male counterparts in the form of the husband, friend, lover to suppress their basic dreams and desires to lead a life to their satisfaction. The movie teaches many women to mute their feelings in the society.
The women portraying these lives on screen give Lipstick its true color. Plabita and Aahana are instantly relatable and light up the screen. Konkona had acted as Shireen, Aahana as Leela, Plabita as Rihana and Ratna as Usha. All the actresses have acted terrifically and have proved their level best in the movie. Alankrita Shrivastava had made the superb direction and this movie may not change drastically things for women, but this will smudge a few boundary lines.
Movie cinematographer Akshay Singh uses tight close-ups in cramped spaces to make you sensational. The music is on an average scale but the lyrics are well written superbly adds more involvement for the audience in watching the movie . The technical aspects have no issue and everything is made perfectly. We need to mention the production values too. The cinematography speaks a lot and we see that in each and every frame too.
This movie had dealt with women oriented basic and common problems who are struggling to get their basic demands and needs. The movie has to do with the writing and build up that leads to an extremely dull climax. As women championing causes of freedom and sexual expression why are they unable to break the shackles after having moments of realization that the power lies within. The making in the first half is good when compared to the second half of the movie. This movie should be watched by all men in the society and feel the depressed state of mind of all women.
Mahesh Babu's stardom is still at peak! If you think Mahesh Babu would slip into pitfall after the disastrous 'SPYder' you are terribly wrong! Distributors even after facing huge losses are ready to buy his next project for a humongous amount. Every time Mahesh Babu gives a disappointing movie, his market value increases 3x times.
- Hari Priya in Balayya's next?
- Shraddha Kapoor's comments get backlashed
- Pawan Kalyan's next is just half the remake from a Tamil project!
- Is Nayantara being targeted again?
- Ritika Singh's Beach Vacation will make you pack your bags and go to a vacation immediately
- Esha Gupta vents her rage on Meme Creators
- 'Natural Star' is ready to taste one more success
- Nithiin desperate to score a success with Megha Akash at least this time
- Allu Arjun aiming to set foot in Tamil after Mahesh Babu failed!
- Tollywood Movies Latest Updates - 19/10/2017
- Mega Hero's Non-Stop Work Mode
- 'A' actor hits a rare century!
- FIRST REPORT: MERSAL is like that CERELAC food without Any Taste and Too Bland
- This young hottie can make you drool all over her - Check her complete hot collection inside