What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Too much of feminism
- Lengthy scenes
- Not everyone's cup of tea
Magalir Mattum is the story of three best friends (Saranya Ponvannan, Oorvasi, Bhanupriya) who got separated after their school days, reunite once again after 36 years, with the help of Prabha (Jyothika). Prabha decides to take the trio on a three day trip, and the film is all about the moments and incidents that these women encounter during this journey. Jyothika, who is a documentary filmmaker and a very modern woman. Though the films title literally means Ladies Only, the story has several important male characters as well who equally contribute to the plot.
Bramma’s Magalir Mattum gives its women the opportunity to shine on screen and rarely do we come across filmmakers with such conviction. Jyothika's performance in the movie is simply superb and all females should watch the movie in the big screen. Jyothika holds the film together with her strong screen presence. She is well supported by Urvashi, Saranya and Bhanupriya, and it’s a shame they’re not being used effectively by other filmmaker. In fact the movie is given more importance to Women's problems and all the actors have done justice to their roles.
Ghibran’s background score gains special attention. His music elevates the scenes to a different level, and he continues to prove his efficiency. Manikandan’s visuals are worth mentioning, and his vision to use multiple long shots is seen, which is also suitable, supplementing the film’s mood The length of this film might be a little barrier in places, particularly with the first half. S. Manikandan had chosen the locations beautifully and is choreographed amazingly good. The editing part was portrayed by CS Prem.
Jyothika is seen more like another character, than as a lead. She has effortlessly pulled off her character, which is full of energy and cheer. Her characterisation is so strong, something that every woman would want to be. The film’s writing is very much confined, focussed and strong, and that is when you remember that this film is written and directed by Bramma, who gave us an impactful Kuttram Kadithal.
Sayyesha's Village Belle avatar for her new project Sayyeshaa has been one Bollywood product, who has been finding it difficult to sustain in the south. Despite her beauty and performance abilities and glamour, the actress hasn't really been successful down south, with disastrous debuts in Tamil and Telugu with Vanamagan and Akhil respectively.
- It's tough to get dates of these two actresses - Do you Know?
- Ranbir Kapoor brother defends his 'Forced Kiss' to Deepika Padukone
- Deepika Padukone in a sexy pose for a new clothing line Photoshoot
- Sunny Leone's New Avatar would shock you
- 27 HOT PHOTOS of Deepika in a Sexy Thin Strap Blouse and Saree - Breathtaking!
- Oops! Lead Actress went really nude for shooting... Now they want to reshoot that !!!
- Well, Have you seen these Hot Dance moves of Kajal? This shake is going viral - Check Out!
- These Photos of Rakul Preet in a Transparent Saree will mesmerize you
- Photo Feature: Shruti Haasan's latest Paparazzi Photos
- Despite Flops, He gets a Big Opportunity here again
- It's going to be a Double Treat
- Original 'Premam' Hero returns as 'Richie'
- Jyothika spoiling the family reputation of Suriya Sivakumar
- Records should come behind you - You shouldn't run behind Records, Mahesh!