What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Too much of feminism
- Lengthy scenes
- Not everyone's cup of tea
Magalir Mattum is the story of three best friends (Saranya Ponvannan, Oorvasi, Bhanupriya) who got separated after their school days, reunite once again after 36 years, with the help of Prabha (Jyothika). Prabha decides to take the trio on a three day trip, and the film is all about the moments and incidents that these women encounter during this journey. Jyothika, who is a documentary filmmaker and a very modern woman. Though the films title literally means Ladies Only, the story has several important male characters as well who equally contribute to the plot.
Bramma’s Magalir Mattum gives its women the opportunity to shine on screen and rarely do we come across filmmakers with such conviction. Jyothika's performance in the movie is simply superb and all females should watch the movie in the big screen. Jyothika holds the film together with her strong screen presence. She is well supported by Urvashi, Saranya and Bhanupriya, and it’s a shame they’re not being used effectively by other filmmaker. In fact the movie is given more importance to Women's problems and all the actors have done justice to their roles.
Ghibran’s background score gains special attention. His music elevates the scenes to a different level, and he continues to prove his efficiency. Manikandan’s visuals are worth mentioning, and his vision to use multiple long shots is seen, which is also suitable, supplementing the film’s mood The length of this film might be a little barrier in places, particularly with the first half. S. Manikandan had chosen the locations beautifully and is choreographed amazingly good. The editing part was portrayed by CS Prem.
Jyothika is seen more like another character, than as a lead. She has effortlessly pulled off her character, which is full of energy and cheer. Her characterisation is so strong, something that every woman would want to be. The film’s writing is very much confined, focussed and strong, and that is when you remember that this film is written and directed by Bramma, who gave us an impactful Kuttram Kadithal.
Raashi Khanna's glamor show gets some delay Mass Maharaja Ravi Teja, who scored a much needed hit with his latest release Raja the Great which broke the myth of a Diwali Release becoming successful in Tollywood, besides ending his flop streak after his 2013 flick Balupu, is currently looking forward to the release of his long-delayed movie Touch chesi chudu.
- Megha's debut movie resumes it's shooting after a long time
- Anu Emmanuel gets a solid big project
- The New Year 2018 and New Month January entirely belongs to Keerthi Suresh
- Tamannaah herself will be Flexing her Muscles for this Hindi movie
- Controversial Director who created ripples with Topless and Nude shots seeks a Star Actress - Do you Know who?
- A lead actress complaints that a producer behaved like a Monster
- The Most expected Mentor - Disciple Combo comes Together for a new project
- Finally, The Date is Fixed for the 'Biggie'
- Mallu Beauty joins with Bikini Beauty in the same project for 'Real'
- Details on the Second Attempt is now revealed
- SHOCKING but TRUE! Mahesh Babu's 'Bharath Ane Nenu', Allu Arjun's 'Naa Peru Surya' WILL NOT RELEASE - PROOF inside
- From Dashing Debonair to a Stylish Don - 10 Years of 'THALA' Ajith's 'BILLA' - All you need to Know and 18 Shooting Spot Stills
- BIG plans for the 'Mega' Hero
- Will she be the Female Lead in the much hyped project?