What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Too much of feminism
- Lengthy scenes
- Not everyone's cup of tea
Magalir Mattum is the story of three best friends (Saranya Ponvannan, Oorvasi, Bhanupriya) who got separated after their school days, reunite once again after 36 years, with the help of Prabha (Jyothika). Prabha decides to take the trio on a three day trip, and the film is all about the moments and incidents that these women encounter during this journey. Jyothika, who is a documentary filmmaker and a very modern woman. Though the films title literally means Ladies Only, the story has several important male characters as well who equally contribute to the plot.
Bramma’s Magalir Mattum gives its women the opportunity to shine on screen and rarely do we come across filmmakers with such conviction. Jyothika's performance in the movie is simply superb and all females should watch the movie in the big screen. Jyothika holds the film together with her strong screen presence. She is well supported by Urvashi, Saranya and Bhanupriya, and it’s a shame they’re not being used effectively by other filmmaker. In fact the movie is given more importance to Women's problems and all the actors have done justice to their roles.
Ghibran’s background score gains special attention. His music elevates the scenes to a different level, and he continues to prove his efficiency. Manikandan’s visuals are worth mentioning, and his vision to use multiple long shots is seen, which is also suitable, supplementing the film’s mood The length of this film might be a little barrier in places, particularly with the first half. S. Manikandan had chosen the locations beautifully and is choreographed amazingly good. The editing part was portrayed by CS Prem.
Jyothika is seen more like another character, than as a lead. She has effortlessly pulled off her character, which is full of energy and cheer. Her characterisation is so strong, something that every woman would want to be. The film’s writing is very much confined, focussed and strong, and that is when you remember that this film is written and directed by Bramma, who gave us an impactful Kuttram Kadithal.
Mega Power Star Ready for a 'Oora Mass Combo' - It's Official Director Boyapati Srinu suffered a minor setback with his latest release, the independence day extended weekend Release, Jaya Janaki Nayaka starring Bellamkonda Sai Sreenivas and Rakul Preet Singh, which became a commercial failure, clashing with Nene Raju Nene Mantri and LIE.
- Mahesh Babu's stardom is still at peak!
- Hari Priya in Balayya's next?
- Shraddha Kapoor's comments get backlashed
- Pawan Kalyan's next is just half the remake from a Tamil project!
- Is Nayantara being targeted again?
- Ritika Singh's Beach Vacation will make you pack your bags and go to a vacation immediately
- Esha Gupta vents her rage on Meme Creators
- 'Natural Star' is ready to taste one more success
- Nithiin desperate to score a success with Megha Akash at least this time
- Allu Arjun aiming to set foot in Tamil after Mahesh Babu failed!
- Tollywood Movies Latest Updates - 19/10/2017
- Mega Hero's Non-Stop Work Mode
- 'A' actor hits a rare century!
- FIRST REPORT: MERSAL is like that CERELAC food without Any Taste and Too Bland