What Is Good
What Is Bad
- No Logic
- Wafer thin Story
Rohit Shetty is back to films , 2 years after the disastrous result of his second collaboration with SRK, Dilwale, and this time around,he has chosen to make a movie, a safer one, as a fourth installment to his hilarious Blockbuster franchise — Golmaal. Has the massy maker known for his penchant for slapstick comedy sequences and over the top action packed screenplays returned to form? Here's AP Herald's exclusive review of Golmaal again.
The notorious 5, Gopal (Ajay Devgn), Madhav (Arshad Warsi), Lucky (Tushar), Laxman (Shreyas and Kunal Khemu) are orphans who grew up together in an orphanage in Ooty, and as they visit the orphanage after the death of their mentor, they get to know the plans of an evil builder Vasu Reddy (Prakashraj) and his aide Nikhil (Neil Nithin Mukesh) to capture the land and an adjacent land belonging to colonel chauhan (Sachin Khadekar). Only later do they all realize that the place is occupied by spirits. Now the 5 men have to join hands with Anna Matthew ( Tabu) , who can interact with ghosts, and save the land with her help.
The regulars, Ajay Devgn, Arshad Warsi, Tushar are in their usual best, and evoke laughter with whatever simple move they make on screen. However , Shreyas makes a huge impact with his comic antics, overshadowing others. This time, the surprise comes in the form of veteran Tabu, who impresses as the spirit communicator, while Mukesh Tiwari and Johny lever play their parts well in the limited scope. Parineeti Chopra plays the typical eye-candy to perfection.
The background score by Amar Mohile is spooky and hilarious at the Same time, enhancing the impact of the scares. Of the songs, Golmaal title track by Thaman, and Maine Tujhko Dekha by Amaan Malikh are the pick of the lot. Cinematography by Jomon T John is top notch, and captures the thrill moments with consummate ease. To run a franchise for 11 years is no mean feat, and Rohit Shetty has successfully extended the good work yet again with Golmaal again, which serves as a perfect addition to the successful franchise.
While this time around he has taken inspiration from south horror comedy flicks like Kanchana, he has perfectly adapted the key elements of the south flicks to suit the tastes of Bollywood audience. He has extracted terrific comic performances from Shreyas and Tabu, while it's a cakewalk for Ajay Devgn and Arshad Warsi, who amaze with their impeccable comic timing.
Despite the logical loopholes and Rohit Shetty's usual formula that defies logic, with the horror element added, Golmaal again is pure magic and not something that demands logic. All said, Golmaal again is a perfect return to form for Rohit Shetty, and keeps us expecting the 5th movie of the franchise! Don't miss this festive Entertainer that follows the no logic, only magic treatment.
C'mon, Now she just needs to nod and give the Green Signal It was announced a few days back that the daughter of yesteryear dreamgirl Sridevi, Jhanvi Kapoor, will be making much-expected film debut with Dhadak, which is produced by Ace Director/ Producer Karan Johar in his Dharma productions. The first look at the movie was released as well, featuring the gorgeous Jahnvi.
- Oops! Priyanka Chopra wearing a See-Through Transparent Dress and exposes - Photos Inside
- Despite Flops, He gets a Big Opportunity here again
- It's going to be a Double Treat
- WooHoo - Here is the return of the Cute Mallu Beauty after Pregnancy rumours - Exclusive Photos Inside
- Young Beauty is Happy as her movie Flops at the Box-Office
- Original 'Premam' Hero returns as 'Richie'
- Jyothika spoiling the family reputation of Suriya Sivakumar
- Records should come behind you - You shouldn't run behind Records, Mahesh!
- That's indeed a Big One for the Actress Daughter!
- The 26-Year-Old model flaunts her hot body and sensuous curves and makes us erected with temptations - More Photos Inside
- Director is Too Angry on AP Government and their Awards - Check his Open Letter
- Whooaa... BIGG BOSS contestants are now a Couple
- A Big Sequel is confirmed - Guess, what it is?
- Anushka delays to show off yet again