What Is Good
- Manchu Manoj
- The Theme
What Is Bad
- Flawed screenplay
- No in-depth analysis in plot
Hero Manchu Manoj returns on screen after a lot of disastrous flicks like Gunturodu, Shourya, Attack, Current Theega, with Okkadu Migiladu directed by debutant Ajay Nuthaki. The movie is reportedly based on the life of LTTE leader Prabhakaran, and Manoj sports 2 looks in the movie. The movie begins with a gruesome interrogation of LTTE chief Velupillai Prabhakaran role (Manchu Manoj) and he narrates the disturbing tale of the war which happens in Mallaithivu east Srilanka
Manchu Manoj gives an intense performance as usual and makes a mark with improved dialogue delivery. Anisha Ambrose is just adequate, as her character doesn't get enough scope thanks to poor writing. The rest of the cast including Suhasini is just apt, and none standout, as Manoj overshadows everyone else in the movie. Manchu Manoj alone scores high with his stand out performance and he emotes flawlessly.
VK Rama Raju's Cinematography is apt and captures the fights and gory sequences perfectly. Siva Nandigam's music and background score could not achieve the necessary impact, as they are below par. Editing could have been taut, as the movie wavers pointlessly at times, testing the patience of the viewer. The narration of the movie is also pretty slow. Also, for those who are unaware about the war in Sri Lanka, this movie would be clueless. And for those who are aware, you will be clueless as what is shown on the screen as things are haywire. The violence is captured in a raw and effective way.
Director Ajay Nuthaki has joined hands with Manchu Manoj for his debut project Okkadu Migiladu. While deciding to make movies on current relevant themes, one must be very careful in proper factual presentation and avoiding misrepresentation of facts, and okkadu Migiladu fails exactly there. With a plot filled with just violence, bloodshed and more violence and no story at all, the movie fails to make the necessary impact. And adding to the worries is the poor music and editing which even mars the viewer experience badly. All said, with a patience-testing screenplay and a poorly executed plot, okkadu Migiladu deserves a skip.
APHERALD EXCLUSIVE: 33 Scorching Series Hot Photos of Anushka Shetty while taking a Tutorial on how to drape a sexy Saree APHERALD brings you some exclusive clicks of Devasena Anushka Shetty, from her debut Tamil flick Rendu. Catch her scorching avatar in these clicks as the hottie takes a tutorial on how to drape a sexy saree. The yoga teacher, in a sensuous Avatar.
- 18 Sensuous Photos of this 'Brahmin Beauty' VJ will make you lust for her - Part 2
- Sunny Leone join hands with Andrea - A Happy News for South Indian Sunny Leone Fans!
- These 23 Spicy Photos of Nivetha in a Tight Black Jerkin and Knee High Skirt will tease your temptations
- Prabhas Girl sizzles in Yellow and mesmerizes you - 8 Photos Inside as a feast for your eyes!
- Oh.. C'mon... Stop being TOO HOT Deepika...!! 13 Hot Photos of Padmavati actress for Filmfare
- Disha Patani went 'Topless' - A Shocking Report - See the Photo yourself
- Whooaaa! Disha Patani in Tight Sleeveless White Banian gives you some wild temptations - More Photos Inside
- These new hot sizzler photos of Deepika will provoke your temptations
- APHERALD EXCLUSIVE : Never seen before Trisha displaying Extreme levels of erotic intimacy - Part 1
- Can the Young Milky Beauty bring some Lady Luck to this 'Flop' actor?
- 'Reel Couple' in 'Real Trouble' - What's cooking?
- "Bikini dress is not a Shame..." says Pawan Kalyan's girl
- "It's True that Directors, Producers, invite us for Sex... But the final decision is taken only by Actresses..." - Bold statement
- Will Rakul get a chance to act with Power Star?