What Is Good
What Is Bad
- Simple Story
- Slow Narration
- Flat Screenplay
Suri [Raj Tarun] – Uma Devi [Avika Gor] are Bava Maradalu in a small village Konnavaram. Suri always love to tease Uma Devi in various ways. To tease Uma Devi, Suri starts falling behind Sunita [Punarnavi Bhupalam]. Similarly to teach Suri a lesson, Uma Devi starts liking Parthu. As Uma believes Parthu to the core, and leaves Konnavaram with him. That’s when the things turn around and leads to the gradual realization that she is in love with his Bava. But she refrains from expressing her love, while Uma gets engaged with Murali [Kireeti]. How the entangled hank of emotions is un-raveled is what the rest of the story is about.
Uyyala Jampala wins mainly due to performances all the lead cast. Raj Tarun who known for his short films Blind Date, Sambar Idly, Approach and Proposal made a promising debut with Uyyala Jampala. He is tailor made for Suri’s role. Raj Tarun shines in this role. Avika Gor is really a revelation. She pulls of a smooth performance and adds life to the movie with her cute expressions and histrionics. Mahathi dubbing didn’t suit her, director should have taken care of her lip sync. Punarnavi Bhupalam is cute and superb with her expressions. Anita, Ravi Varma are fine in their roles. Peela Gangadhar and Hanuma Alluri are good and provide necessary comedy.
Story of the film is very simple, about how two relatives realize that they are made for each other. It has certain shades of story of Nuvve Kavali. It’s very important for a maker to narrate the film with good screenplay when there is wafer thin script. Screenplay of the film leaves a lot to be desired.
Director Virinchi Varma Gunturi succeeded in handling comedy in parts in the first half but he failed in raising the emotional part in the film. Narration of the film is flat. Director should have paid some attention to certain scenes, the love angle between the hero and the heroine should have been betterly handled by the director.
Dialogues by Virinchi Varma Gunturi are natural, the Godavari slang is nicely subdued in the film. Music by Sunny is effective. Background Score supports the scenes. Cinematography by Vishwa is first class. Editing of the film is all right. The one fight sequence in the film is decently shot. Production Values of Annapurna Studious are plushy.
Uyyala Jampala does not boast of a fresh story. The content seems to be a ready mix of several films, but the presentation is fine. Though the film drags in the first half, post interval it picks up the pace and there are many nice elements that makes it worth a watch. On the whole, Uyyala Jampala is an enjoyable family entertainer, but somehow you leave the theatre with a feeling that the film could have been much better.
Rakul Preet DID THAT FIRST TIME and MADE EVERYONE CRAZY !!! As we all know, Rakul Preet is one of the leading actresses down south and she has reached the top league of actresses in recent times. Even though she has a handful of movies under her kitty in Telugu, she focuses equally on Tamil movies too.
- DEFINITELY UNSEEN !! We bet you would have never seen KAJAL AGGARWAL in such a manner
- Mahesh Babu's Girl poses in a seductive manner - These 7 photos can make you go weak on your knees!
- Top 5 Shameful Moments where ACTORS treated WOMEN as a SEXUAL OBJECT
- PIC TALK: Kajal Agarwal in a Stunning New Photoshoot
- INSIDE STORY: Double Dhamaka from Jai Lava Kusa Team
- Rakul Preet Singh RIDES a 'D ICK' - Yes! You READ IT RIGHT...
- INSIDE STORY: Paisa Vasool Release to be Preponed?
- Shruti Haasan is BACK WITH HER HUSBAND...Enjoying the IDLE TIME with HIM
- TRADE: Fidaa Breaches 20 Crore Share Club
- 26-Year-Old BIGG BOSS contestant who is just 5 Movies Old breaks the Internet with BIKINI photos
- Only KAJAL AGGARWAL can WEAR LIKE THESE...
- INSIDE STORY: Jai Lava Kusa Theme Song Leaked
- C'mon, BIGG BOSS change the SCRIPT - It's BHARANI in TAMIL, SAMPOO in TELUGU - Everything for TRP !!
- INSIDE STORY: Mahesh Babu Going to Invest in Amaravati