What Is Good
- Background Score
What Is Bad
- Thin Storyline
- Slow Narration
- Dragged Climax
Krishna (Balakrishna) a happy go lucky guy falls in love with Sonal Chauhan. With the help of Manikyam (Bhramanandam) Krishna comes to Vizag to attend a marriage. But things fall apart as "Naku Oka Bad Habbit undi life lo konni vinnakudadu chudakudadu anni anukuntanu vi na kantiki kanipinchina chaviki vinpinchina Temper lechudhi" that's how he goes against Jitendra (Jagapathi Babu)'s brother. But seeing his brother's condition, with the help of local police. Jitendra tries to kill everyone in Krishna's family by kidnapping Sonal Chauhan. Everyone in the family survives the attack due to Jayadev. Who is Jayadev? What's his connection with Krishna and family forms the rest of the storyline.
Although the film is loaded with talent in the acting department, it doesn't exactly come as a saving grace. While some excel the other's disappoint. Balakrishna clearly outshines the rest with his high spirited performance and spontaneity. The very talented Jagapathy Babu is good with histrionics and mannerisms but his characterization fails to make his presence felt. His timing with Balakrishna wasn't good enough either. Though there is no point in comparing the two, it is Balakrishna who scores more, especially with the maximum presence on screen. Jagapathy Babu Looks a bit wan but he impresses with his dialogue delivery.
Legend even includes two beautiful actresses. Radhika Apte (Rakta Charitra fame) did a typical role and she did it with sang-froid. Sonal Chauhan (Rainbow Fame) did well within the limitations of her character. She is redhot in the trendy look. Most of the actors have limited roles to play. Bhramanandam fails to tickle the funny bones with his Thrills. Suhasini Maniratnam, Kalyani Suriyakiran, Bhramji, Chalapathy Rao and Ahuthi Prasad are just there to make their presence felt.
Boyapati Srinu's Legend had potential to be a mass entertainer film but it fails to capture the essence and falls flat due to a standard script. The screenplay lacks freshness, is loosely written and amateurishly handled that it goes from good to average to bad and ends up being a long yawn that evokes nothing but boredom. However, the film does manage to work in parts with some emotional sequences well enacted and some comical scenes that turn your grin to a laughter. The first half of the film is fine with good interval bang and second half its starts dragging after few minutes. The producer seems to have made this film keeping the success of Simha in mind. They have selected the same set barriers and Boyapati tries tried to emulate the formula of Simha. What this film lacks is powerful screenplay and pulsating direction. The film is just way too long. At around 160.29 minutes, Legend feels like a long, tiring watch. What makes the film seem even longer is the repeated scenes and the frequent change of mind that almost all characters go through. Better editing (Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao) would have done wonders to the overall impact.
When the screenplay fails to rise above the clichés and initiate a decent flash back, the writers try hard to induce humor through dialogues. Although at some instances the dialogues manage to tickle, the overall impact is nothing but dingy. Editing (Kotagiri Venkateswara Rao) could have been better while Cinematography (C Ram Prasad) is first-rate. Dialogues in the film are highlight "Rajakeeyam nee Blood lo undi emo naku Blood lo undi.. Bloody fool..", "Champithe Chavanoduu evadaina unte cheppu", "Narake kodhi neeku alapu vasthadi emo naku oopu vasthadi" etc. Music by Devi Sri Prasad is passable. Art work of the film is good. Production Values are grand.
First half of the film is okay, with solid interval bang but things fall apart in the second half due to thin point and dragged narration. A better script, more believable characters, some real trimming, pulsing narration and a modern style could have done wonders for Legend. But in the current form it succeeds in reminding about the earlier movies.
Overall, the intentions were honest, the effort that has gone into the making of the film very evident in every frame. It certainly has its moments, but not enough to deserve the price of your ticket unless of course, you're a Balakrishna fan. If you are, don't think twice, go watch it.
- MSG 2 The Messenger Movie Review, Rating
- SHIVAM : REVIEW
- REVIEW : PULI
- Singh Is Bling Movie Review, Rating
- Kuttram Kadithal Tamil Movie Review, Rating
- REVIEW : SUBRAMANYAM FOR SALE - APHERALD
- Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon Movie Review, Rating
- Kirumi Tamil Movie Review, Rating
- 49 O Movie Review, Rating
- Ketugadu Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Katti Batti Hindi Movie Review, Rating
- Trisha Illana Nayanthara Movie Review, Rating
- Courier Boy Kalyan Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Nayantara Mayuri Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- 'Vedalam' is done and dusted
- Sridevi feels bad for accepting 'Puli' and missing 'Baahubali'
- A complete disaster for 'Shivam'
- Tollywood actor suggest Bollywood actor
- Sukumar reveals NTR's Golden heart
- Pawan Kalyan fans celebrate RGV's death?
- Vikram's next to start from 18th October
- Trade: Rudhrama Devi to have a superb opening
- Kamalhaasan fans go in unique way
- Vijay says he pays Tax regularly
- List of Tollywood actors who tasted success in other states
- Anushka spills beans regarding repeated delays
- INSIDE STORY: Secret of Ram Charan in Bruce Lee
- Actress enjoys her stay in Social Media
- Maoists’ First Salvo Against Chandrababu
- Drunk women drivers shocking cops?
- Is KCR making a big blunder?
- Maganti Gopinath did a “Great Job”
- Chandra Babu 'Amaravathi Stories' surprise Singapore?
- Amir Khan and Rohit shetty to the rescue
- Revanth stalling Nagam’s Re-entry?
- Senior congress leader Komatireddy Venkat Reddy slams KCR
- TS in Revenge Mode against RBI?
- Farmers corner Prof Kodandaram?
- TDP Minister offers lands for Bhogapuram Airport
- Rudramadevi Movie New Wallpapers
- Shahrukh Khan on Set of Bruce Lee the Fighter
- Rajmahal Movie Hot Latest Stills
- Tiger Attack by Amitabh Bachchan
- Jr Sridevi New Photos
- Bollywood Celebrities Totally Shocked Their Fans
- Sathuran Movie Stills
- Top Celebrities Enjoying At Bombay Night Club
- Mahesh Babu With His childrens Photos
- Jaganmatha Movie Audio Launch Photos
- Aditi Rao Hydari Hot Photo Shoot
- OMG See These Rare Pictures of India-Pakistan During Partition 1947
- Priyanka Chopra Hot in Bikini Pics
- Hyderabad Rare unseen Photos