What Is Good
- Comedy in parts
What Is Bad
- Dragged Narration
Movie about a Corinthian Sudheer (Karthi) and his best friend clean-handed Parushuram (Premgi Amaran) who work for Mahindra company. Sudheer always likes what Parushuram admires and loves. That’s how he falls in love with Priyanka (Hansika Motwani). But things around when one night stand goes pear shaped when young woman, Maaya, accepts a lift home from Sudheer and Parushuram. After one-night-stand they wake up with their lives in complete in highlights. They end up with a murdered body, they don’t understand what happened to Maaya (Mandy Takhar)? CBI investigator Riyaz Ali (Sampath) in the meanwhile understands the seriousness of the issue and gets along the kidnap case of Varadharajulu (Nassar) a powerful corrupt politician. Things slowly reveal and take a completely unexpected turn in the end.
The performances in the film are a mixed bag. Karthi played a playboy character. He is tailor made for this role. Hansika Motwani brings fresh faced innocence in the first half later brings unbridled confidence in the second half of the film. She has limited to a under developed characterization. Premgi Amaren is good in some scenes, but appears fake in others. Mandi Takhar is magnificent and gets ample scope to shine in a film that doesn't entirely belong to her. Nassar is okay in his small role as Politician. Madhumathi has got a neat role. Sampath is stiff his role as a CBI officer Riyaz.
The main storyline of the film is a sort of inspired from Hangover but the way Venkat Prabhu developed the movie must be appreciated. Biryani deals MURDER MYSTERY, Venkat Prabhu added his mark parallel dark comedy and action episode. Excessive effort to add comedy has diluted the seriousness of the film. There are quite a few loopholes in the narration of the film. Director tried making romantic thriller with feel good texture, but he could not inject the soul to the characters. The much needed climax twist could have been handled better. Dialogues in the film by Shashank Vennelakanti are routine.
The movie also marks an important milestone for Yuvan Shankar Raja as it is his 100th film. Music by Yuvan is effective, but none of the songs stay with you and seem to have been placed in the film merely as fillers. Background Score supports the scenes. Cinematography by Sakthi Saravanan is good. The frames are rich and colorful. Editing by Praveen K. L & N. B. Srikanth could have been crispier. The major suspense get mixed up with alternate episodes. Production values of Studio Green is praise worthy.
The essence of the movie which is reflected in the one night stand, Sister sentiment and investigation fails to penetrate deep in the minds of the viewer’s mainly because director Venkat Prabhu’s narration lacks seriousness. It is a perfect example to show how bad direction can change dynamics of a film and turn it upside down.
The visually rich Biryani fails to make an impact because it lacks the necessary punch in its screenplay. The problem with Biryani is that it doesn't capitalize on the premise it is built on. Instead, it steers away to produce yet another cheesy entertainer. I thought the first fifteen minutes of the film were entertaining, made audiences laugh and interested, but what followed after that was downright boring and proof of bad writing. Feel sorry for Karthi whose efforts seems to have gone the drain.
- MSG 2 The Messenger Movie Review, Rating
- SHIVAM : REVIEW
- REVIEW : PULI
- Singh Is Bling Movie Review, Rating
- Kuttram Kadithal Tamil Movie Review, Rating
- REVIEW : SUBRAMANYAM FOR SALE - APHERALD
- Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon Movie Review, Rating
- Kirumi Tamil Movie Review, Rating
- 49 O Movie Review, Rating
- Ketugadu Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Katti Batti Hindi Movie Review, Rating
- Trisha Illana Nayanthara Movie Review, Rating
- Courier Boy Kalyan Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Nayantara Mayuri Telugu Movie Review, Rating
- Actress keeps muted response regarding Hollywood movie !
- Rakul Preet is an MLA?
- 'Vedalam' teaser will have 'Theri Theme'
- Actress asked to lose some weight
- Ranveer Singh will do lead role in 'Befikre'
- Bollywood actress with criminal charges
- Married and 'NO' to Lip-lock!
- 'Thala 57' Director is finalized!
- Vishal says there are no compromises
- 'Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam' to have Audio release by Friday
- Dhanush completes his next project too !
- Fake Ring proposal to Miss World?
- A.R.Murugadoss starts pre-production work for Mahesh Babu movie
- You can own Mahesh's cycle now!
- Talasani causes KCR-Narasimhan split?
- Bumper Bonanza Announced from Centre to AP?
- Harish Rao shocks partymen
- World’s Lightest All-in-one Mobile Solution App ‘360 Security Lite’ Launches First in India
- GlobalSpace Technologies Launches ‘SOLT’
- Can Navyandhra fight TDP,YSRCP?
- Maoists dare AP CM?
- Naidu’s District, India’s No. 1 in Dengue?
- Maoists’ First Salvo Against Chandrababu
- Drunk women drivers shocking cops?
- Is KCR making a big blunder?
- Maganti Gopinath did a “Great Job”
- Chandra Babu 'Amaravathi Stories' surprise Singapore?
- Difference Between Smokers Vs Non Smokers Photos
- Prasanthi Hot New Photos
- Geethanjali at Affair Movie Audio Launch Stills
- Tiger Attack by Amitabh Bachchan
- Affair Audio Launch Photos
- Amy Jackson Latest Photo Shoot For Filmfare
- Director Maruthi Birthday Celebrations Photos
- Attack Movie Trailer Launch Photos
- Priyanka Chopra looks Angelic in Bikini Photos
- Side Actress Surekha Vani Photos
- Pawan Kalyan LEAKED Photos Of 'Sardaar Gabbar Singh'
- Trisha Stills at Thoonga Vanam Audio Launch
- Thoonga Vanam Movie Audio Launch Photos
- Actress Sony Charistha Latest Stills