The Runaway Luminosity Distribution release “Patriots Day”, based on the 2013 Boston terrorism attacks-starring Mark Wahlberg & Academy Award Winner J. K. Simmons, hit the theaters on Friday to rave reviews and great reception by the audience. As a drama-thriller about the 2013 Boston Marathon bombing and the subsequent terrorist manhunt, Patriots Day created a lot of buzz as many reviewers called it the “Perfect Anti-Trump Film” that America needs right now. With the recent turn of events in the Indian context, involving college politics, Army, Nationalism and Terrorism that have sparked many debates, the film has found a niche audience especially in the college going audience.
The gripping narrative which swivels between the first responders, survivors and investigators has a percussive force and mines out the best tropes of the chase genre. The human cross-section, spliced archive clips and visceral location shooting, create a throbbing sense of the city's pulse that becomes the engine of Patriots Day. Mark Wahlberg gives a restrained performance picking up from where he left off in the 2016 release “Deep Water Horizons“ while J. K. Simmons holds in own in this unflinching retelling of the worst terrorist attack on American Soil since 9/11.
With “La La land” celebrating 50 days at the Indian Box Office and the success of Oscar Nominated “Deepwater Horizon” and “Jackie” the distributors Runaway Luminosity have been propelled to bring in more critically acclaimed Hollywood content to Indian Cinemas.
5 Reasons You Shouldn’t Miss out on Patriots Day
1. Patriots Day is a stirring tale of ordinary heroism after the Boston Bombings
2. Peter Berg’s compelling and empathetic storytelling makes you feel a part of the crisis instead of being a spectator. You’ll like this film for the same reason that you admired Ram Madhvani’s 'Neerja' last year.
3. Genuinely exciting megaplex entertainment, informed by extensive research, featuring bona fide movie stars, and staged with equal degrees of professionalism and respect.
4. He virtually thrives on a viewer’s nerves, on our awareness that “it” is just around the corner and stretches the intro skillfully, quietly – piano to strings and back – making this phase feel like we were holding our breath underwater.
5. Adrenaline Pumping, Nail-biting and poignant
Patriots Day released on March 3 is playing in cinemas in Mumbai, Delhi-NCR, Pune, Kolkata, Hyderabad, Goa, Bengaluru, Kochi, Mysore, Nagpur, Ahemedabad & Chandigarh.
PIC TALK: Beaming in a Black Bikini In the picture above is Urvashi Rautela who is considered as one of Bollywood's Hottest Ladies. The actress who has won several beauty titles. The actress is always short of success but she definitely has the Oomph factor in her body and that makes her fans go crazy.
- Top 5 lovely pics of Kajal!!
- INSIDE STORY: Bigg Test Awaits NTR on 27th?
- Baahubali Jump swallows Two Lives !!
- Top 5 Meera Mitun Latest Hot Stills
- INSIDE STORY: Nandamuri Fans Worried about Balayya's Future?
- Hair Test to Book Celebs If they are victims?
- INSIDE STORY: Trouble for Puri in Drugs Case
- PIC TALK: We bet you would have never seen KAJAL AGGARWAL WEARING A SAREE - PHOTO INSIDE
- Well, if you want to MARRY THIS ACTRESS, You just have to be... !!!
- These 5 Rumours on TRISHA might make you to THINK ALL OVER
- INSIDE STORY: Allu Arjun's Desperate Attempt to Impress Rajamouli?
- Akkineni family member SPOILED this 19-Year-Old Actress
- Star Singer BACKS UP the Star Actor
- So, here are the List of 7 ACTRESSES who will be SUPER STARS !!
- INSIDE STORY: YVS Chowdary Committed Suicide?