New York Sources have stated that the killing of an Indian-origin man shows the worst and the best of America the undercurrent of bigotry and the heroism and the generosity, which are often the dominant traits. A 24 year old man rushed to overpower the gunman, who shot dead Srinivas Kuchibhotla and injured Alok Madasani, and he took several bullets in the Wednesday night attack at a bar in Olathe, Kansas state. Civil rights organization, Hindu American Foundation (HAF), said: “It is these acts of heroism in our communities that make America great.”
Ian Grillot, who has been hailed a hero, brushed off the accolades. Grillot was injured in the neck, chest, vertebrae and hand by shooter Adam Purinton, a former Navy serviceman. A stranger who had never met the two Indian origin men has started a fund raising campaign for them. Brian Eric Ford, 39, set up an account on the online site GoFundMe for raising funds, jointly for the family of Kuchibhotla and Madasani.
“I’ve been retty closely following since the election the
rise in white nationalism,” the Kansas City graphic artist told The Star. He
had stated that “I thought this was a chance to do something to show support
for these communities that are being attacked.” As of Thursday night, 816
people had contributed $29,726 to the fund, which has a target of $50,000. Another
GoFundMe account set up for Kuchibhotla’s family by Kavipriya Muthuramalingam
raised $217,440 from 5,843 people by Thursday night, exceeding the goal of
$150,000. Purinton was on Thursday arrested in Clinton city in neighbouring
Missouri state after a bartender reported to police that the man said he had
killed “two Middle Easterns” and was looking for a place to hide, the Star
quoted the local police as saying.
Miss World 2017 Crown by Indian Manushi Chhillar Sources from Sanya have reported that India’s Manushi Chillar had won the coveted Miss World 2017 title at a glittering event here, ending 16 years of drought for India at the international pageant. According to sources Priyanka Chopra was the last winner from India in 2000. Accordingly Chillar, 21, looked emotional as the crown was placed on her head by Miss World 2016 winner Puerto Rico’s Stephanie Del Valle.
- Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman