Sources have stated that amid proposed changes in US visa rules that might adversely affect the movement of Indian professionals and the UK’s decision to tighten rules for foreign workforces, mainland Europe could present greater opportunities for skilled Indians. India and the European Union are seeking to expedite their Joint Declaration on Common Agenda on Migration, according to David McAllister, Chair of the Committee on Foreign Affairs in the European Parliament.
It was stated that the declaration, adopted at their summit in Brussels last year, calls for “better organizing and promoting regular migration at relevant skill levels and fostering well-managed mobility, including the enhanced issuance of visas.
The EU has been urging the Indian government to expedite implementation of this action plan since the summit,” McAllister, who led the first visit of the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee to India since 2004. India plays an important role in countering terror. India has made the significant contribution in peace-keeping initiatives. This country has been a victim of terror for long and now terror has reached European capitals.
The issue of smooth migration of skilled Indians in EU member states was among the issues that figured in McAllister’s discussions in India last week in the backdrop of rising protectionism across the world.
National Geographic Bee contest won by Indian American student Washington sources have stated that year 14 year old Indian American student has won the prestigious $50,000 National Geographic Bee contest here, becoming the sixth consecutive Indian American to win the championship.
- Indian -American prosecutor called for probe into Russian meddling
- Texas warns people of color subjected to profiling
- Donald Trump appoints Neil Chatterjee Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Nancy Pelosi will lead bipartisan to India
- Indian Origin man robbed while rescuing female co-worker
- Mann Kaur, 101 years breaks record In Sky Tower
- Indian American man charged with Insider trading
- Surgeon asked to resign from Trump administration
- H-1B and L1 visas are for employees, if you have enough money, you can opt for the EB5 visa: Lohia
- Sikh group kickstarts TV campaign for educating about Sikhism (NRI)
- Indian man shot dead by masked man in Washington
- Indian Entrepreneur challenges Senator Elizabeth in US Senate race
- 37 year old man attacked woman inside Gurdwara
- Indian American won $250,000 in Science Talent Search
- TRUMP most expensive vacation UPSETS AMERICANS!!!!