Sources have stated that amid proposed changes in US visa rules that might adversely affect the movement of Indian professionals and the UK’s decision to tighten rules for foreign workforces, mainland Europe could present greater opportunities for skilled Indians. India and the European Union are seeking to expedite their Joint Declaration on Common Agenda on Migration, according to David McAllister, Chair of the Committee on Foreign Affairs in the European Parliament.
It was stated that the declaration, adopted at their summit in Brussels last year, calls for “better organizing and promoting regular migration at relevant skill levels and fostering well-managed mobility, including the enhanced issuance of visas.
The EU has been urging the Indian government to expedite implementation of this action plan since the summit,” McAllister, who led the first visit of the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee to India since 2004. India plays an important role in countering terror. India has made the significant contribution in peace-keeping initiatives. This country has been a victim of terror for long and now terror has reached European capitals.
The issue of smooth migration of skilled Indians in EU member states was among the issues that figured in McAllister’s discussions in India last week in the backdrop of rising protectionism across the world.
Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa