Sources have stated that amid proposed changes in US visa rules that might adversely affect the movement of Indian professionals and the UK’s decision to tighten rules for foreign workforces, mainland Europe could present greater opportunities for skilled Indians. India and the European Union are seeking to expedite their Joint Declaration on Common Agenda on Migration, according to David McAllister, Chair of the Committee on Foreign Affairs in the European Parliament.
It was stated that the declaration, adopted at their summit in Brussels last year, calls for “better organizing and promoting regular migration at relevant skill levels and fostering well-managed mobility, including the enhanced issuance of visas.
The EU has been urging the Indian government to expedite implementation of this action plan since the summit,” McAllister, who led the first visit of the European Parliament Foreign Affairs Committee to India since 2004. India plays an important role in countering terror. India has made the significant contribution in peace-keeping initiatives. This country has been a victim of terror for long and now terror has reached European capitals.
The issue of smooth migration of skilled Indians in EU member states was among the issues that figured in McAllister’s discussions in India last week in the backdrop of rising protectionism across the world.
Is Aadhaar Card Mandatory for NRI Weddings? Sources have stated that Aadhaar should be made mandatory for the registration of NRI marriages in India to tackle desertion and other marital issues, an inter-ministerial committee has recommended to the Ministry of External Affairs. Meanwhile the proposal by the special committee on Indian passport holders
- Donald Trump appointed Raj Shah as White House Communications Operations
- UNESCO Head condemned killing of Gauri Lankesh
- Another feather in Dr. Indran Indrakrishnan's Cap in Georgia Senate Resolution
- 10th Anniversary Celebrations done at BAPS Sri Swaminarayan Mandir
- University Professor blamed for Child trafficking in Atlanta
- Bangladeshi diplomat charged for labor trafficking
- Irish PM extended family in Mumbai ecstatic
- Chicago's campaign about Trump's immigration policies launched