Washington sources have stated that Sikh man was shot in the US state of Washington by a masked gunman who told him, “go back to your own country”, before opening fire in front of his house. It was stated that the victim, who was not identified by name by officials or the media, survived the attack that took place on Friday night.
Another Indian, Alok Madasani was also shot in Olathe, but survived. Meanwhile in the latest incident, the 39 year old victim was working on his car in front of his house in Kent city when he was shot by the man described as white, who had his face partially covered.
Kent Police Chief Ken Thomas had said on Saturday
morning, according to the Seattle Times that they are early on in their
investigation and are treating this as a very serious incident. KING5 TV has
reported that the incident was being investigated as a possible hate crime and
police had reached out to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for help.
Satwinder Kaur, a candidate for Kent City Council, said on Facebook that the victim, who was shot in the arm “wishes to remain anonymous at this time. So as a community we should respect that.” Kent Mayor Suzette Cooke has also reached out to him. The Sikh community leader Jasmit Singh had said that the victim was released from the hospital. "He is just much shaken up, both him and his family,” Singh said, adding “We’re all kind of at a loss in terms of what’s going on right now. This is just bringing it home. The climate of hate that has been created doesn’t distinguish between anyone.”
By 2026, 23 Million Americans to lose Health Insurance Washington sources have stated that healthcare reform proposed by US President Donald Trump to “repeal and replace” Obama Care, will leave 23 million US citizens without health insurance over the next decade, the Congressional Budget Office (CBO) has said.
- National Geographic Bee contest won by Indian American student
- Indian -American prosecutor called for probe into Russian meddling
- Texas warns people of color subjected to profiling
- Donald Trump appoints Neil Chatterjee Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Nancy Pelosi will lead bipartisan to India
- Indian Origin man robbed while rescuing female co-worker
- Mann Kaur, 101 years breaks record In Sky Tower
- Indian American man charged with Insider trading
- Surgeon asked to resign from Trump administration
- H-1B and L1 visas are for employees, if you have enough money, you can opt for the EB5 visa: Lohia
- Sikh group kickstarts TV campaign for educating about Sikhism (NRI)
- Indian man shot dead by masked man in Washington
- Indian Entrepreneur challenges Senator Elizabeth in US Senate race
- 37 year old man attacked woman inside Gurdwara
- Indian American won $250,000 in Science Talent Search