Washington sources have stated that Sikh man was shot in the US state of Washington by a masked gunman who told him, “go back to your own country”, before opening fire in front of his house. It was stated that the victim, who was not identified by name by officials or the media, survived the attack that took place on Friday night.
Another Indian, Alok Madasani was also shot in Olathe, but survived. Meanwhile in the latest incident, the 39 year old victim was working on his car in front of his house in Kent city when he was shot by the man described as white, who had his face partially covered.
Kent Police Chief Ken Thomas had said on Saturday
morning, according to the Seattle Times that they are early on in their
investigation and are treating this as a very serious incident. KING5 TV has
reported that the incident was being investigated as a possible hate crime and
police had reached out to the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) for help.
Satwinder Kaur, a candidate for Kent City Council, said on Facebook that the victim, who was shot in the arm “wishes to remain anonymous at this time. So as a community we should respect that.” Kent Mayor Suzette Cooke has also reached out to him. The Sikh community leader Jasmit Singh had said that the victim was released from the hospital. "He is just much shaken up, both him and his family,” Singh said, adding “We’re all kind of at a loss in terms of what’s going on right now. This is just bringing it home. The climate of hate that has been created doesn’t distinguish between anyone.”
Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa