US President Donald Trump donates his $400,000 (£329,620) salary for charity purpose by the end of 2017, his spokesman has confirmed.Adding to this he added an unexpected twist, he gave it to the White House press corps to decide where it should go.During his campaign, Trump deliberately before Trump deliberately told CBS's 60 Minutes that he would not claim his presidential salary.
It was confirmed that it would be donated after multiple media outlets asked if he was keeping that pledge.White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told a press briefing: "The President's intention right now is to donate his salary at the end of the year, and he has kindly asked that you all determine where that goes."
Mr Spicer made a joke telling that letting the media choose a beneficiary would be "a way to avoid scrutiny".
"In all seriousness, I think his view is he made a pledge to the American people he wants to donate it to charity and he'd love your help to determine where it should go," Mr Spicer told the press.The president's salary is a fixed one, it is $400,000 a year since 2001. Mr Trump had previously stated that he would take only $1 a year as his salary, because the president is presses by law to receive a salary.This statement is quiet familiar because Late Cheif Minister of TamilNadu also stated she takes only Rs 1 as her salary.To the irony she was arrested in Assets disproportionate case is a different issue.
It is still unclear which organisation the press corps will choose to support.
10th Anniversary Celebrations done at BAPS Sri Swaminarayan Mandir Atlanta sources have stated that His Holiness Mahant Swami Maharaj, the current spiritual leader of the BAPS Swaminarayan Sanstha, joined devotees and well-wishers in celebrating the ten-year anniversary of the BAPS Shri Swaminarayan Mandir in Atlanta, GA on July 1, 2017. The Mandir was inaugurated by His Holiness Pramukh Swami Maharaj in 2007
- University Professor blamed for Child trafficking in Atlanta
- Bangladeshi diplomat charged for labor trafficking
- Irish PM extended family in Mumbai ecstatic
- Chicago's campaign about Trump's immigration policies launched
- Trump says Portland hates crime unacceptable
- By 2026, 23 Million Americans to lose Health Insurance
- National Geographic Bee contest won by Indian American student
- Indian -American prosecutor called for probe into Russian meddling
- Texas warns people of color subjected to profiling
- Donald Trump appoints Neil Chatterjee Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Nancy Pelosi will lead bipartisan to India
- Indian Origin man robbed while rescuing female co-worker
- Mann Kaur, 101 years breaks record In Sky Tower
- Indian American man charged with Insider trading
- Surgeon asked to resign from Trump administration