US President Donald Trump donates his $400,000 (£329,620) salary for charity purpose by the end of 2017, his spokesman has confirmed.Adding to this he added an unexpected twist, he gave it to the White House press corps to decide where it should go.During his campaign, Trump deliberately before Trump deliberately told CBS's 60 Minutes that he would not claim his presidential salary.
It was confirmed that it would be donated after multiple media outlets asked if he was keeping that pledge.White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer told a press briefing: "The President's intention right now is to donate his salary at the end of the year, and he has kindly asked that you all determine where that goes."
Mr Spicer made a joke telling that letting the media choose a beneficiary would be "a way to avoid scrutiny".
"In all seriousness, I think his view is he made a pledge to the American people he wants to donate it to charity and he'd love your help to determine where it should go," Mr Spicer told the press.The president's salary is a fixed one, it is $400,000 a year since 2001. Mr Trump had previously stated that he would take only $1 a year as his salary, because the president is presses by law to receive a salary.This statement is quiet familiar because Late Cheif Minister of TamilNadu also stated she takes only Rs 1 as her salary.To the irony she was arrested in Assets disproportionate case is a different issue.
It is still unclear which organisation the press corps will choose to support.
Microsoft campus to get superb cricket field San Francisco sources have reported that Microsoft’s Indian born CEO Satya Nadella, who learnt leadership values and survival instinct while playing cricket in India, now wants his workforce to replay his past at the company’s upcoming revitalized campus. Meanwhile as part of a plan to overhaul its 500 acre campus in Redmond
- Less Focus on H1-B Visas says USA Ambassador - Will it impact on Indian companies?
- Indian American couple contributed $1 Million for Indian Fund
- US Navy veteran charged with killing an Indian engineer has pleaded not guilty
- The number of Indian students pursuing in USA are increased 2x times - Report says!
- Adopted 3 year girl found dead in ditch with injuries
- Term of Indian Ambassador to the US Navtej Sarna been extended
- Indian father shot while protecting son from robbers
- Miss World 2017 Crown by Indian Manushi Chhillar
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews