Washington sources have stated that fired US Attorney Preet Bharara was investigating a key member of President Donald Trump’s cabinet, a new report has revealed. Bharara was looking into allegations that Tom Price, the Health and Human Services Secretary and the administration’s point man on efforts to repeal and replace Obama Care, improperly traded healthcare stocks while he was a member of the House of Representatives, New York Post reported on Friday.
Price, a Representative of Georgia’s 6th District (2005–2017) until his appointment as Health Secretary, maintained that he broke no laws when he traded healthcare stocks even as he was involved in legislation relevant to the healthcare sector.
As per the report, he had traded over $300,000 worth of
shares of relevant companies during a four-year period in the House, and the
issue played a significant role in Price’s confirmation process, and he was
asked about it numerous times during his Senate hearing. The revelation that
Bharara was investigating Price comes as many were surprised the US attorney
from the Southern District of New York was not retained by the Trump
The then-President-elect had met with Bharara after the election and during the transition period, Trump had reportedly asked him to stay on during his administration. But last week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions notified all leftover federal prosecutors appointed by President Barack Obama would be let go.
National Geographic Bee contest won by Indian American student Washington sources have stated that year 14 year old Indian American student has won the prestigious $50,000 National Geographic Bee contest here, becoming the sixth consecutive Indian American to win the championship.
- Indian -American prosecutor called for probe into Russian meddling
- Texas warns people of color subjected to profiling
- Donald Trump appoints Neil Chatterjee Federal Energy Regulatory Commission
- Nancy Pelosi will lead bipartisan to India
- Indian Origin man robbed while rescuing female co-worker
- Mann Kaur, 101 years breaks record In Sky Tower
- Indian American man charged with Insider trading
- Surgeon asked to resign from Trump administration
- H-1B and L1 visas are for employees, if you have enough money, you can opt for the EB5 visa: Lohia
- Sikh group kickstarts TV campaign for educating about Sikhism (NRI)
- Indian man shot dead by masked man in Washington
- Indian Entrepreneur challenges Senator Elizabeth in US Senate race
- 37 year old man attacked woman inside Gurdwara
- Indian American won $250,000 in Science Talent Search
- TRUMP most expensive vacation UPSETS AMERICANS!!!!