Washington sources have stated that fired US Attorney Preet Bharara was investigating a key member of President Donald Trump’s cabinet, a new report has revealed. Bharara was looking into allegations that Tom Price, the Health and Human Services Secretary and the administration’s point man on efforts to repeal and replace Obama Care, improperly traded healthcare stocks while he was a member of the House of Representatives, New York Post reported on Friday.
Price, a Representative of Georgia’s 6th District (2005–2017) until his appointment as Health Secretary, maintained that he broke no laws when he traded healthcare stocks even as he was involved in legislation relevant to the healthcare sector.
As per the report, he had traded over $300,000 worth of
shares of relevant companies during a four-year period in the House, and the
issue played a significant role in Price’s confirmation process, and he was
asked about it numerous times during his Senate hearing. The revelation that
Bharara was investigating Price comes as many were surprised the US attorney
from the Southern District of New York was not retained by the Trump
The then-President-elect had met with Bharara after the election and during the transition period, Trump had reportedly asked him to stay on during his administration. But last week, Attorney General Jeff Sessions notified all leftover federal prosecutors appointed by President Barack Obama would be let go.
Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa