Sources from Washington sources have stated that young Indian man who arrived in the US only 25 days ago was shot dead by two masked men at the convenience store of a gas station here, and the India was coordinating with the investigating agencies in the US over the Thursday killing of Vikram Jaryal, 26, in Yakima city, External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj had tweeted on Saturday.
Sushma Swaraj said"I have received a report on the incident resulting in the tragic death of Jaryal in Washington State". According to her, the killers entered the AM-PM store at 1.30 a.m. They snatched cash from the victim and shot him on his chest, killing him.
Jaryal was from Hoshiarpur district in Punjab and worked as a clerk in the convenience store. It was stated that he was behind the counter when the two people in masks came in and robbed the store, according to NBC Right Now channel. Police said Jaryal cooperated and handed over the money but one of the attackers still shot him in the chest before fleeing the site.
Police told the channel that the victim was able to tell officers what happened when they arrived a few minutes later, “but tragically, he died a short time later at the hospital”. She said Indian officials were coordinating with investigative agencies who “have got the CCTV footage and are in the process of apprehending the culprits. Our consulate in San Francisco is helping the family and following this up with the police authorities.
Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa