Washington sources have stated that the US Senate has approved the nomination of Indian American Ajit Varadaraj Pai for a second term as the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Chairman. Meanwhile Pai, whose term was to end later this year, was reappointed for a five year term after getting a majority of 52-41, with most of the Democrats voting against him as they complained that Pai will undermine net neutrality.
According to sources Pai has served as a Commissioner at the FCC since 2012. President Donald Trump had earlier nominated him for another term as Republicans aim at further accelerating their ambitious tech agenda and the FCC is the federal authority regulating cell phone spectrum and services, radio, television, phone, internet and satellite and cable. It also has a major role in controlling the content of television and radio.
Earlier Pai was
appointed by the new administration as the Chairman of FCC in the wake of Tom
Wheeler emitting the office earlier this year. His tenure with the FCC as
commissioner received a one-year extension in July 2016, giving him an
opportunity to become the FCC Chairman.
Aadhaar is not necessary for NRI's those who prefer IT returns Dubai sources have stated that the Indian Consulate General reiterated that non-resident Indians (NRIs) don’t need to link Aadhaar, India’s biometric identity card, to their Permanent Account Number (PAN) issued by the Income Tax authorities.
- US' EB5 visa scheme extended till December 22
- Microsoft campus to get superb cricket field
- Less Focus on H1-B Visas says USA Ambassador - Will it impact on Indian companies?
- Indian American couple contributed $1 Million for Indian Fund
- US Navy veteran charged with killing an Indian engineer has pleaded not guilty
- The number of Indian students pursuing in USA are increased 2x times - Report says!
- Adopted 3 year girl found dead in ditch with injuries
- Term of Indian Ambassador to the US Navtej Sarna been extended
- Indian father shot while protecting son from robbers
- Miss World 2017 Crown by Indian Manushi Chhillar
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??