Washington sources have stated that the US Senate has approved the nomination of Indian American Ajit Varadaraj Pai for a second term as the Federal Communication Commission (FCC) Chairman. Meanwhile Pai, whose term was to end later this year, was reappointed for a five year term after getting a majority of 52-41, with most of the Democrats voting against him as they complained that Pai will undermine net neutrality.
According to sources Pai has served as a Commissioner at the FCC since 2012. President Donald Trump had earlier nominated him for another term as Republicans aim at further accelerating their ambitious tech agenda and the FCC is the federal authority regulating cell phone spectrum and services, radio, television, phone, internet and satellite and cable. It also has a major role in controlling the content of television and radio.
Earlier Pai was
appointed by the new administration as the Chairman of FCC in the wake of Tom
Wheeler emitting the office earlier this year. His tenure with the FCC as
commissioner received a one-year extension in July 2016, giving him an
opportunity to become the FCC Chairman.
Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire! New York sources have stated that a woman of Indian-descent was left to die in a car by the driver who left her behind after the vehicle caught fire in New York. According to sources the firefighters found the charred body of 25 year old Harleen Grewal early Friday morning.
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa
- Is Aadhaar Card Mandatory for NRI Weddings?
- Donald Trump appointed Raj Shah as White House Communications Operations
- UNESCO Head condemned killing of Gauri Lankesh
- Another feather in Dr. Indran Indrakrishnan's Cap in Georgia Senate Resolution
- 10th Anniversary Celebrations done at BAPS Sri Swaminarayan Mandir
- University Professor blamed for Child trafficking in Atlanta