According to sources in Mumbai, Tarun Ramadorai prefers to work out of his father's apartment in Malabar Hills. In Delhi, it's usually the offices of one of the many think tanks. Most of the time, though, he is in London, at the Imperial College Business School, where he works, teaches and researches financial economics.
For the son of former TCS CEO Subramanian Ramadorai, there was enough opportunity to strike it rich in the corporate world. However, Tarun, 42, preferred the world of economics and academia. Moreover among the suggestions made by the Ramadorai committee is a proposal to link all gold transactions by jewelers to PAN cards. While that is to deal with the illegal bit, he suggests that inflation-indexed bonds are another product that can help people invests in financial instruments instead of gold, as also the need to make unsecured credit easily available.
Meanwhile a howl of protests will surely follow the suggestion to link PAN
card. Ramadorai report also notes that the peculiarity of Indian household
finance is the near total absence of investments in pension products and Ramadorai
says the expectation is often that the next generation will take care of the
elderly as is the norm in the traditional Indian joint family structure.
Nisha Biswal will head USIBC Washington sources have stated that Nisha Biswal, a former US Assistant Secretary of State for South and Central Asian Affairs, will head the US India Business Council (USIBC), according to an official announcement. Meanwhile Myron Brilliant, US Chamber executive vice-president and head of International Affairs said “We are thrilled to welcome Nisha Biswal to the US-India Business Council and to the US Chamber team".
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa
- Is Aadhaar Card Mandatory for NRI Weddings?
- Donald Trump appointed Raj Shah as White House Communications Operations