New York sources have stated that a woman of Indian-descent was left to die in a car by the driver who left her behind after the vehicle caught fire in New York. According to sources the firefighters found the charred body of 25 year old Harleen Grewal early Friday morning.
Sources have stated that the driver of the car, Saeed Ahmad, 23, whom the daily described as “heartless”, flagged down a taxi near the scene of the incident to go to a hospital. Meanwhile the police caught him at the hospital, where he was being treated for burns to his arms and legs, and charged him with homicide and several other offences relating to the incident.
Furthermore his driving license had been suspended prior to the accident making it illegal for him to drive. Police sources told the New York Daily News that Ahmad had a few drinks before the crash but a blood test showed he was not legally drunk. According to witness he was seen weaving in and out of traffic before his 2007 Infiniti G35 car hit the road divider and caught fire. Moreover Ahmad told the police that he was dating Grewal, the daughter of Punjabi immigrants. Finally Ahmad’s brother, Waheed, claimed that he had tried to rescue Grewal.
Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa