Washington sources have stated that authorities said an Indian man was re-arrested in the US after he was released from prison following the completion of his 10 year sentence for posing a threat to public safety. Meanwhile Jerald Peter Dsouza, 58, was arrested by the US Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) after he was released from a jail where he was lodged for using the Internet to induce a minor, believed to be a 13 year old girl, to engage in criminal sexual activity.
Meanwhile he was convicted in March 2009, and further ICE said in a press release that William P. Joyce, Acting Field Office Director for Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) in El Paso city “ICE places a high priority on identifying, arresting and removing foreign nationals with criminal records who pose a threat to public safety whether they are in the US legally or illegally".
Moreover ICE said that as a result of his criminal conviction, Dsouza
violated the terms of his legal status in the US.
Number of Indian students studying in the US has doubled in the last decade According to a report published by the US Department of State Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, the total number of Indian students now in the US stands at over 186,000, rising by more than 12% in the last one year. Meanwhile comprising 17.3% of all international students there, the Indian students are only behind China, which remains the top sender of students to the US since 2009-10 when it toppled India for the number one position.
- Teenager cum Student killed in a Road accident
- Indian American Sikh elected New Jersey Town Mayor
- Manisha Singh won Senate approval to be Assistant Secretary of State
- Indian re-arrested following completion of ten year sentence
- Can this iPhone based Ultrasound Machine detect Cancer??
- H1B and L1 Visas issue taken up by IT Professionals
- Until we get proof, we are not going to label it is Sherin Matthews
- Driver leaves woman to die in the car which was on fire!
- Nisha Biswal will head USIBC
- This 3 year old girl found missing after Father's punishment
- NRIs, Foreign Nationals for Registration in Indian Companies
- Why this London based Economist has contrarian take on household finances??
- Top NRIs Sector can invest for best returns
- Indian American chosen as FCC Chairman
- (USCIS) resumed the premium processing if H-1B Visa