1. PM Modi given grand welcome in Lok Sabha following BJP win in polls : Prime Minister Narendra Modi was on Wednesday given a grand welcome by members in the Lok Sabha as he entered the House for the first time after the assembly elections.
2. Pakistani girl congratulates PM Modi for UP victory, calls for turning focus on 'peace' : Congratulating Prime Minister Narendra Modi for the Bharatiya Janata Party's (BJP)historic mandate in the Uttar Pradesh Assembly Elections, an eleven year old Pakistani school girl wrote to him saying that he should now focus towards winning more hearts of Indians and Pakistanis alike, by becoming a bridge of peace between the two nations.
3. Encounter underway in J&K's Kupwara district, 1 policeman injured : An encounter broke out between terrorists and security forces in theKalaroos area of Jammu and Kashmir's Kupwara district on Wednesday.
4. Back as Defence Minister, Arun Jaitley will have to come out all guns blazing : Finance minister Arun Jaitleypromised continuity in the country's overall defence policy after taking additional charge of the defence ministry on Tuesday, amid concerns over the delay in several military modernisation projects as well as finalisation of the "strategic partnership" policy for the private sector in indigenous defence production.
5. Lok Sabha passes Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2016 : Lok Sabha on Tuesday passed the Enemy Property (Amendment and Validation) Bill, 2016, which denies inheritance rights to heirs of individuals who left the country for Pakistan and China, completing the process after Rajya Sabha gave its assent to the long pending legislation last week.
6. Several people accuse TVF CEO of sexual harassment : Arunabh Kumar, founder and CEO of Tiger Global-backed video content company TVF (The Viral Fever), has been accused of sexual harassment by multiple people. The company called the allegations "ludicrous and defamatory".
7. IAF chopper topples during training sortie : A Chetak helicopter of the Indian Air Force toppled while making an emergency landing during a training sortie from Bamrauli near Allahabad today.
8. Rape-accused SP leader Gayatri Prajapati arrested : Gayatri Prajapati, the absconding Samajwadi Party leader accused of rape, was arrested in Lucknow by UP Police early on Wednesday morning.
9. Online petition props Shashi Tharoor as UPA's PM candidate in 2019 : An online petition has proposed the name of Congress MP Shashi Tharoor as the United Progressive Alliance (UPA)'s prime ministerial candidate for the 2019 Lok Sabha elections.
10. India suspends cross-border trade with Pakistan : Indian authorities suspended cross-border trade with Pakistan along the Line of Control (LoC) on Tuesday after Pakistan continued unprovoked ceasefire violation in the border district of Poonch. The firing severely damaged the Trade Facilitation Centre (TFC) at Chaka-da-Bagh.
1. China hopes to maintain stability in South China Sea, says Premier Li : Chinese Premier Li Keqiangsaid on Wednesday that China hopes to maintain peace and stability in the South China Sea by pushing forward with negotiations for a code of conduct for rival claimants in the disputed waters.
2. China to deploy 1 lakh marines at ports in Gwadar and Djibouti : China is set to increase the number of its marine corps from 20,000 to one lakh as part of plans to deploy them overseas for the first time, including at the strategic Gwadar port in Pakistan and military logistics base in Djibouti in the Indian Ocean.
3. Top US envoy begins Asia tour amid North Korea crisis : Washington's top diplomat was to fly into Tokyo today to begin a first tour of Asian capitals under the shadow of North Korea's nuclear posturing.
4. Pakistan promises nuclear arms responsibility: Official : Pakistan vowed on Tuesday to work to prevent non-nuclear states from gaining the technology that would put them on the path to acquiringnuclear weapons _ even though both Islamabad and neighbor New Delhi have defied non-proliferation treaties to become competing nuclear powers.
5. Theresa May says will have Brexit trigger in 'coming days' : British Prime Minister Theresa May kept up the suspense Tuesday over when she would trigger Brexit, saying she would have the power to do so within days and it would happen by the end of March.
6. Blasphemy is unpardonable sin, says Nawaz Sharif : Pakistan Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Tuesday ordered authorities to take immediate action against 'blasphemous' content on the social media and remove sacrilegious contents and punish the perpetrators, days after a high court order.
7. Malaysia to deport 50 North Koreans despite ban: Deputy PM : Malaysia will deport 50 North Koreans for overstaying their visas, the deputy prime minister said on Tuesday, in an apparent exception to a departure ban imposed after the assassination of Kim Jong-Nam.
8. BBC interview dad: 'My wife deserves a medal' : The professor who became an incidental internet sensation when his family crashed a live television interview says his wife "deserves a medal" for looking after him and his now-famous children.
9. Trump son-in-law's family in $4bn deal with Chinese firm : A company owned by the family of President Donald Trump's son-in-law, Jared Kushner, is set to receive more than $400 million from a Chinese firm that is investing in its Manhattan office tower, Bloomberg has reported.
10. Taiwan says Chinese military threat grows, US regional strategy unclear : China's accelerated military development and recent activity by its military aircraft and ships around Taiwan pose an increased threat to the self-ruled island, according to a Taiwanese government defence report draft reviewed by Reuters.