Methane is made up of Carbon and Hydrogen the process of splitting these results in a huge and enormous amount of energy.Energy or in other words current is a must need to almost every individual for survival.This splitting process involves a huge investment.Now this way of extracting is actually very beneficial to generate huge energy.But why so much of uproar and protests??.
(Above is picture of a well dug in Neduvassal)
The reason is this methane is planned to be extracted from a very fertile delta land in Neduvassal in Tamil Nadu.To be clear , energy extracted from methane is a welcoming process but methane extracted from delta lands is a big Nooo!!!.There are other ways to extract ethane without hitting the farmers, who are already on the verge of death and drowned in poverty due to monsoon failures.One of the successful methods is extracting methane from Sewage is a very effective method.Even on of the Tamil movies "Tamiluku En Onnai Aluthavum" has explained this process in a very simple way.
The most developed nation United States Of America has adopted this way of extraction for a past few years.It even imports sewage from nearby nations to extract Methane.To the irony, our Government pull lands and planes to make the most fertile land into a mining land."The land is my only source of income and I raise a range of crops to meet the expenses.
As we cannot afford to hire labourers due to high wages, we ourselves toil in the field,” says a farmer from Neduvassal.His statement clearly picturizes the true plight of farmers." I will fight it out.They can take over my land, but only over our dead bodies,” says Mr. Subramanian, another farmerThis Neuvassal issue has now grown into a mass protest, almost alike to the recent pro-jallikattu protest in the State. Much like the jallikattu protest, this stirs also get intensified with the support from the youth and celebrities.It also gets mobilised through social media adding to the intense.
Kerala BJP leaders are CORRUPTION KINGS!! The Kerela unit BJP party has conducted an investigation internally and claimed that BJP leaders have taken 5.60 crore bribe to get private institutes in the state approvals from the Medical Council of India.
- Model wearing a skirt was arrested!!
- Facts about The 14th President of INDIA
- Yogi Adityanath to resign soon??
- Sasikala to eat porridge in Tamil Nadu Jail??
- Tamilnadu's CM hiked salary of 232 Legislators by 200%
- Will Kamal Haasan join hands with Rajini??
- TDP MP revoked the ban using his power?
- Forty years Wrestler arrested for raping a Teenage Kabbadi player - But gets VIP treatment
- A big jolt to AP Chief Minister Chandrababu Naidu
- Ram Nath Kovind becomes 14th President of Independent India
- Ram Nath Kovind is elected as India's First Citizen - Welcome the 14th President of India
- PM Modi's monthly address in AIR fetches 5.19 crore
- Appointments made during Samajwadi party rule to be probed by CBI: Yogi Adityanath
- Corruption to be reported to TN Minister's Online, Kamal Hassan appealed
- Sabarimala to get Airport comes up at Cheruvally