NRI businessmen Hindujas is positioned first as the richest Asians in the UK in 2017 with an estimated wealth of 19 billion pounds, an increase of 2.5 billion pounds to last year, according to an annual ranking of the richest Asians in Britain.Steel tycoon Lakshmi N Mittals stand in the second place with a fortune of 12.6 billion pounds — surged high to 6.4 billion pounds compared last year — in the Eastern Eye Asian Rich List, Britain’s 101 Wealthiest Asians 2017, released last night.
According to the list, the Hinduja brothers — Srichand and Gopi in London, Prakash in Geneva and Ashok in Mumbai — have proved sharp increases in profitability in Ashok Leyland, InduSind bank, Gulf Oil, energy and real estate.This has justified the family’s long adopted policy of pursing the path of diversity, the list said.
Mayor of London Sadiq Khan, was the Chief Guest at the 20th Annual Asian Business Awards organized by the Asian Media & Marketing Group, presented the first copy of the Rich List to G P Hinduja, Co-Chairman of the Hinduja Group on stage.The total of Britain’s 101 wealthiest Asians are collectively worth 69.9 billion pounds, up from 55.4 billion pounds last year — a rise of 25 per cent.According to the list, the recovery in the European steel market has enabled the Mittal family to double its net worth during the year.Prakash Lohia, Chairman of the Indorama Corporation (Petrochemicals) is the 3rd richest in the list with a fortune worth 4 billion pounds — up 1 billion pounds over last year.
Anil Agarwal, CEO of Vedanta Resources of the fastest growing mining and metals group in the world, sto fourth in the list along with Arora brothers — Simon, Bobby and Robin who own a chain of retail stores.Leading NRI industrialist Lord Swraj Paul is 14th in the list with an estimated wealth of 800 million pounds as against 300 million pounds last year.
At the awards ceremony, Mr. Surinder Arora, founder and Chairman of the Arora Group, collected the prestigious Asian Business of the Year Award. The Arora Group is one of the UK’s largest private owner operator of hotels.Other winners included Young Entrepreneur of the year Aly Esmail, CEO of SME Group, Entrepreneur of the year Subodh Agrawal, Chairman of Euromax Capital and the Business Personality Award winner Prakash Lohia, Founder and Chairman of Indorama Group.
TS, AP Roundup May 26 For the first time in the city, a local court has jailed three bikers for over-speedingwhile sentencing two others to do 'social service' by holding placards with traffic awareness messages at various junctions for a day.
- India, World Roundup May 26
- PM Modi's acts landing him in danger
- Pawan,Mahesh,NTR in real time politics
- Pentagon exposes Trump
- Shubhawati was not allowed to reach Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath's car
- Did he striptease Chandra Babu?
- No memorial should be bulit for CULPRIT JAYALALITHA!!
- President Trump pushed aside the PM of Montenegro at NATO
- Cows are getting aadhar cards now!!
- Mamata Banerjee's formula to be discussed in Parliament House
- Country's longest river bridge opens today, IARI gifts for Assam
- Shocking!!Look what Ratan Tata has done!!viral post
- BJP MP advised the fellow actor to start his own outfit
- Telangana TDP leader supports Jana Sena Leader against Anti TDP Views
- Narayana Reddy's Murder Mystery solved in three days