1. Missing Sufi clerics back in Delhi : The two Sufi clerics of Delhi's Hazrat Nizamuddin Dargah, Syed Asif Nizami, and Nazim Ali Nizami, who had gone missing in Pakistan, returned back to the national capital on Monday.
2. President invokes Nalanda, Taxila to bat for free atmosphere on campuses : Amid the raging debate over freedom of speech, President Pranab Mukherjee today invoked Nalanda and Taxila, the ancient centres of learning, to pitch for an atmosphere free of prejudice and violence on the university campuses.
3. Army rescues 127 tourists stuck in blizzard in Arunachal : In a massive rescue operation that continued till late on Saturday, troops of the Army's Blazing Sword Division rescued 127 tourists at the historic Sela Pass near Tawang.
4. Pakistani national arrested under PSA in Jammu, sent to jail : A Pakistani national, awaiting deportation after completing jail term for illegally crossing the border, has been slapped with Public Safety Act and sent to Kotbalwal Jail in the district, police said today.
5. Seven months on, India-US logistics pact suffering from bottlenecks : The much-ballyhooed logistics pact between India and the US, which will allow reciprocal access to each other's military bases for refuelling, repair and maintenance of warships and aircraft, is yet to enter into force despite being inked seven months ago.
6. Train blasts accused tried to flee to Iraq, Syria many times : Members of the module inspired by the so-called Islamic State behind the Bhopal-Ujjain train blast, led by 'emir' Atif Muzzafar, crisscrossed the country between February 2016 and January 2017 visiting various borders and contacting immigration agents in cities with international airports in search for an opportunity to exit the country and migrate to Iraq/Syria.
7. Why the new enemy property law won’t apply to iconic Jinnah House : The Centre's amendment to the Enemy Property Act, 1968, has no bearing on the landmark Jinnah House, a prime property at Mumbai's Malabar Hill.
8. 139-day-old NH blockade finally ends in Manipur : Ahead of its floor test in the assembly on Monday, the BJP-led coalition government achieved a significant breakthrough when it managed to convince the United Naga Council (UNC) to lift its four-month-long economic blockade on the Imphal-Dimapur and Imphal-Silchar highways.
9. Draft paper on Teesta deal likely during Sheikh Hasina’s visit : India and Bangladesh may go for a draft document or paper on sharing water from river Teestaduring Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina's visit next month.
10. J Chelameswar may join collegium discussions again : Senior Supreme Courtjustice J Chelameswar, who has been boycotting collegium meetings over the apparent lack of transparency in the appointment of judges, may in the "public interest" reverse his stand and participate in deliberations to appoint judges to high courts and the apex court.
11. Why Narendra Modi and Amit Shah picked Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM : Contrary to media reports that Yogi Adityanath was a "surprise" choice as BJP's chief minister for Uttar Pradesh, Prime Minister Narendra Modi and party chief Amit Shah had always considered the Gorakhpur sanyasi as a strong contender. And RSS had very little to do with the decision .
12. When Modi was all ears for Mulayam : A 10-second conversation during which PM Modi lent an ear to SP patriarch Mulayam Singh Yadav to whisper in while he nodded in affirmation has everyone wondering what was said.
13. Kapil Sharma speaks up on massive fight with Sunil Grover: I shouted at him for the first time in 5 years : Few hours after introducing his lady love Ginni to the world through social media, Kapil Sharma came in news once again for all the wrong reasons.
1. North Korea rocket-engine test shows 'meaningful' progress: South Korea : North Korea's latest rocket-engine test showed "meaningful" progress, South Korea said on Monday, while an analyst said it was a dangerous step towards the North's goal of developing a rocket that could hit the United States.
2. Clashes in Damascus after surprise rebel assault : Heavy clashes rocked eastern districts of the Syrian capital on Sunday as rebels and terrorist outfits tried to fight their way into the city centre in a surprise assault on government forces.
3. Israel threatens to 'destroy' Syrian air defence systems : Israeli Defence Minister Avigdor Lieberman on Sunday threatened to destroy Syrian air defence systems after they fired ground-to-air missiles at Israeli warplanes carrying out strikes.
4. Kansas shooting: Ian Grillot to be honoured by Indian-Americans in Houston : Indian-Americans will honour a 24-year-old American who was injured while trying to intervene during a racially-motivated shooting in Kansas that left an Indian techie dead and another injured.
5. China and US should handle 'sensitive issues' in their ties properly: Xi Jinping : China and the US should handle "sensitive issues" in their bilateral ties properly, Chinese President Xi Jinpingon Sunday told visiting Secretary of State Rex Tillerson as he called cooperation the "only correct choice" for providing a "new start" to their relations.
6. Thai police say they have found plot to kill prime minister : Thai police said on Sunday they had uncovered a plot to assassinate the country's prime minister after seizing a weapons cache belonging to a fugitive anti-junta activist.
7. US and China 'stick to script' in Tillerson visit : Despite a long list of potential pitfalls, U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson's visit to China, the first by a senior member of the Trump administration, passed off relatively smoothly although there were no tangible gains to show.
8. Malaysia hunting for more N Korean suspects in Kim's death : Malaysia says it is hunting for more North Korean suspects over the killing of the half brother of North Korean leader Kim Jong Un.
9. Hindu Marriage Bill becomes law in Pakistan : In a landmark development, the bill to regulate marriages of minority Hindus in Pakistan became a law on Sunday after President Mamnoon Hussain gave his approval.
10. Indian-American teenager held for matricide : A 17-year-old Indian-American high-schooler has been arrested for matricide - accused of killing his mother - in a rare case that is seen as an aberration in an ethnic community that boasts of close family bonding and high academic achievement.
Kerala BJP leaders are CORRUPTION KINGS!! The Kerela unit BJP party has conducted an investigation internally and claimed that BJP leaders have taken 5.60 crore bribe to get private institutes in the state approvals from the Medical Council of India.
- Model wearing a skirt was arrested!!
- Facts about The 14th President of INDIA
- Yogi Adityanath to resign soon??
- Sasikala to eat porridge in Tamil Nadu Jail??
- Tamilnadu's CM hiked salary of 232 Legislators by 200%
- Will Kamal Haasan join hands with Rajini??
- TDP MP revoked the ban using his power?
- Forty years Wrestler arrested for raping a Teenage Kabbadi player - But gets VIP treatment
- Ram Nath Kovind becomes 14th President of Independent India
- Ram Nath Kovind is elected as India's First Citizen - Welcome the 14th President of India
- PM Modi's monthly address in AIR fetches 5.19 crore
- Appointments made during Samajwadi party rule to be probed by CBI: Yogi Adityanath
- Corruption to be reported to TN Minister's Online, Kamal Hassan appealed
- Sabarimala to get Airport comes up at Cheruvally
- Why Chandrababu Naidu counter attacking Jagan and PK???