Sources from New Delhi have stated that the Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi on Sunday appealed the Centre to release funds on urgent basis for procurement of paper trail machines, ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha Elections. Zaidi’s appeal came in the wake of recent protests by Opposition parties against electronic voting machines (EVMs). According to the reports, the Election Commission would need over 16 lakh voter-verifiable paper audit trails (VVPATs), at an estimated cost of Rs 3,174 crore to cover all polling stations in the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.
As per the reports from sources it was stated that the CEC has written a letter to law ministry mentioning the apex court direction while hearing a contempt petition, during which it has asked the poll panel to state the rough schedule within which the entire system of voter verifiable paper audit trail (VVPAT) can be introduced. The EC has said that machines can be manufactured within 30 months from the date of release of funds.
It was added by the CEC in
a written letter to the law of ministry that “the process of procurement of
VVPATs cannot be delayed any longer given the prevailing environment… The
commission stands fully committed to deploying VVPATs along with EVMs in all
future elections so that transparency of electoral process is enhanced, the
integrity of the voting preserved and the voters’ confidence in the process is
Earlier also, the Commission had informed Modi government that if they do not place the order for the machines by February, it won’t be easy for the manufacturers to supply them by September 2018 and after the Assembly election results on March 11, BSP supremo Mayawati, Delhi CM Arvind Kejriwal and Congress party had alleged that the EVMs were tampered with in such a way that whichever button was pressed, the vote went to Bharatiya Janata Party.
Roja to JUMP TO JANA SENA!! According to the survey conducted by Jagan he had many negative opinions from the people and one among them was Jagan’s backing up with Roja.After this there seems to a buzz regarding this within the party.The Latest news is that Roja is planning to join the Jana Sena Party.
- Jagan gets survey shock?
- Another CROWN FOR AP by Andhra Pradesh Kidambi Srikanth WON Australian Open Super Series title
- Modi-Trump scaring China?
- Ind,World roundup June 25
- Shocking allegations against Super Star
- Pawan in desperate need of it
- What is Trump's connection to DJ
- Did Ghost order this dastardly act
- Virat Kohli is gone - It's time for Bumrah to get trolled
- Most dirty corrupted Employee of AP
- IPS OFFICER'S WIFE COMMITED SUICIDE!!
- 17 Cops death reported from Anantnag and Kulgam districts
- Is his bike rally a blackmail?
- Power Star to shock T-Tiger
- Petitioner tells 95.1% of the people possess Aadhaar, enrollment figure stood at 115.15 crore