Sources have reported that Delhi Police have filed a First Information Report (FIR) against AIADMK deputy general secretary and Sasikala nephew TTV Dhinakaran for allegedly offering a bribe to the Election Commission for ownership of the 'Two Leaves' symbol. The reports added that Dhinakaran's alleged middleman, Sukesh Chandrasekhar was arrested from Hyatt hotel in Delhi on Sunday night, and Rs 1.3 crores recovered from him, said reports. Around Rs 50 crores were to be paid as bribe.
An FIR has been filed under Section 8 of the Prevention of Corruption Act. Previously, taking the battle for the 'Two Leaves' symbol quite seriously, the VK Sasikala faction of the AIADMK on Thursday knocked at the door of Election Commission seeking eight weeks time to submit additional documents and affidavits to prove its case that rank and file of the ruling party are with them.
in a petition submitted to Chief Election Commissioner Nasim Zaidi in New
Delhi, the Sasikala camp said it would not be able to submit affidavits before
April 17, the deadline set by the poll body, to reinforce their claims on the
party symbol that still holds sway over people in Tamil Nadu.
petition seeks eight weeks from the Election Commission for submission of
necessary documents and affidavits. It was not immediately clear whether the EC
would accept or reject the demand made by the Sasikala camp. While freezing the
'Two Leaves' symbol on March 22, the EC has asked both factions of the
AIADMK to submit documents by April 17 so that full bench hearing on the matter
LDF announced candidate for Vengara bypoll Thiruvananthapuram sources have made a statement that CPI(M) in Kerala had named party worker P P Basheer as the candidate of ruling Left Democratic Front (LDF) for the October 11 byelection to the state assembly from Vengara constituency. Meanwhile the Party state Secretary Kodiyeri Balakrishnan announced the candidature of Basheer, a CPIM area committee member in Tirurangadi, after a meeting of party state secretariat.
- Why AP Government not releasing water to KC canal and Telugu Ganga projects?
- Kaleswaram irrigation project tunnel collapsed near Tippapur
- What controversy made Pawan Kalyan and Jagan Silent?
- Why 235 Junior Colleges across Telangana been de-recognized?
- 'There is anger building up in India': Rahul Gandhi
- Sunny Leone's controversial advertisement hoarding rejected by Gujarati
- Couple ended life hours after their wedding
- Police busted another Marriage racket in Hyderabad
- YS Jagan plans to set up his party office in the new state of AP
- Hyderabad HC sent notices to CM Chandrababu Naidu for illegal constructions
- Software developed by 2 Youngsters to detect skin cancer is awesome
- GST also flops like Demonetization??
- Will SS Rajamouli finish the toughest task assigned to him?
- Mydukur S. Raghurami Reddy not ready to resign from YSRCP
- AIIMS in Mangalagiri to admit students this year:Works started