1. IRS officer arrested for harassing wife : A 32-year-old Indian Revenue Services (IRS) officer, K Vamsi Krishna, was arrested by the Jubilee Hills police on Monday after his wife lodged a complaint alleging harassment by her husband and in-laws. The IRS officer is posted in New Delhi, but is on leave currently.
2. GHMC crackdown on restaurants reveals stale meat, dirty kitchens : Continuing its crackdown against hotels following unhealthy practices, the Greater Hyderabad Municipal Corporation (GHMC) on Tuesday sealed the popular Y2K restaurant in Panjagutta and penalised six other eateries for using stale meat and not maintaining hygienic conditions.
3. Man arrested for defrauding investors : Central Crime Station (CCS) police arrested a fraudster for duping people of Rs 1.4 crore by luring them to invest in his companies. According to complainant Md Abdul Samad of Tolichowki, Shaik Mohammed Irshad, a resident of My Home Glory Apartments in Masab Tank, promised good returns.
4. Meat in heat: Experts warn of infections : In the wake of several prominent restaurants being found storing unstamped meat, the issue of meatcontamination leading to health issues has once again come to the fore.
5. Most carrot, onion samples in Hyderabad found to contain E-coli : Hold your breath, 98.1% of carrot and 75.5% onion samplesanalysed for bacterial coloniesare unfit for human consumption. They contain E coli, the harmful bacteria that is present in human digestive system and causes gastroenteritis.
6. Tourism institute teachers forced to turn marketeers : It isn't school teachers alone who have been deprived of a summer break. Even faculty of the National Institute of Tourism and Hospitality Management (NITHM) claim they have been asked to give up their vacation plans and instead double up as 'marketing agents' to attract more students.
7. Eat healthy for strong liver, say doctors : Consuming healthy food and clean drinking water as well as avoiding alcohol will go a long way in keeping the liver healthy. City doctors say that Hepatitis C, non alcoholic fatty liver disease and alcoholism are taking a heavy toll on the precious organ that performs about 500 functions in the body.
8. Met department warning: Brace for sizzling 45 degrees Celsius : While the city is already reeling under a severe heatwave, the Indian Meteorological Department said the mercury could cross 45 degrees Celsius in May.
9. Harassed housewife ends life : A 24-year-old housewife ended her life due to daily harassment from her husband at Hayathnagar on Monday.
10. Two robbers of 'Good Morning' gang held : Central Crime Station (CCS) police arrested two members of the notorious 'good morning' robbery gangand recovered two dummy pistols along with 3.5 tola gold from their possession.
1. I will get exposure to rural challenges: Lokesh : Highlighting the need for strengthening the rural areas to be self-sufficient, Panchayat Raj and IT Minister Nara Lokesh on Tuesday said each politician should have a clear idea about the living conditions of the rural dwellers and the challenges in the villages.
2. Guntur ZP seeks additional funds to tide over water crisis : Members, cutting across party lines, raised the issue of shortage of drinking water at the general body meeting of the Zilla Parishad held here on Tuesday.
3. Three roads upgraded to NH, says MP : Three State highways linking Andhra Pradesh to Telangana and Karnataka have been upgraded to national highways by Union Minister for Road Transport and Highways Nitin Gadkari, Kurnool MP Butta Renuka said on Tuesday.
4. Andhra Bank's ATM at Alipiri : The Andhra Bank has opened an Automated Teller Machine (ATM) at Alipiri. The ATM, inaugurated by TTD Executive Officer D. Sambasiva Rao on Tuesday, is located close to the two ghat roads as well as the trekking route to Tirumala. Andhra Bank Deputy General Manager (Tirupati zone) Varanasi V. Krishnamurthy was present.
5. Tirumala faces security threat : Failure to repair the under vehicle scanner at the Alipiri security checkpoint, which developed a technical snag over six months ago, has exposed the abode of Lord Venkateswara to security threats.
6. Amid speculation on early polls, BJP may eye more seats : Amid speculation over simultaneous early elections for the Lok Sabha and Assembly in 2018, the BJP in A.P. is gearing up to strengthen the party from booth level and bargain with its alliance partner TDP for more seats.
7. GoM recommends 50% pay hike for contract staff : The Group of Ministers (GoM) on ‘wages of contract employees,’ which met at the Secretariat near here on Tuesday, decided to recommend the State government to hike their wages by 50%.
8. Aadhar linked attendance system in AU colleges: V-C : Vice-Chancellor of Andhra University G. Nageswara Rao has said Aadhar linked biometric attendance system should be implemented in all affiliated colleges of AU. Addressing correspondents and principals of affiliated colleges at a meeting held at T.L.N. Sabha Hall here on Tuesday, Prof. Nageswara Rao said the biometric system was made mandatory for fee reimbursement.
9. Navy chief to present gallantry awards : Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff will be giving away the President’s Gallantry, non-gallantry awards such as Sarvottam Jeevan Raksha Padak and Jeevan Raksha Padak to 31 naval personnel at an Investiture Ceremony to be held at the Naval Base on Thursday.
10. HSL clocks record turnover of Rs. 625 crore, says CMD : After making a turnaround last year by earning a net profit of Rs. 19 crore after a gap of five years, Hindustan Shipyard Limited (HSL) achieved a turnover of Rs. 625 crore during 2016-17 — the highest since its inception.